“Fantastic”
Review of Betsy's Hotel

Betsy's Hotel
Ranked #19 of 136 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Staffs are friendly, rooms are big with nice views, Quiet place!
The location is excellent, you can visit almost every where by foot from hotel as I did.
As it is on the hill, may be it is difficult for old people.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roxana2

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We arrived at Betsys in the middle of the night, and were efficiently guided to our rooms. Although the hotel was celebrating their 20th anniversary, it was nice and shiny.
The hotel staff was very pleasant and service minded, the rooms were clean and tidy every day. The hotel is situated shortly up in the hill, 6-7 minutes to walk down to the main shopping street. Great view of the city. Even though I am Norwegian, I did not try the little swimming pool. I'll save that for a warm summerday.
One of the best breakfast buffets I've experienced. Nice hotel bar.
Excellent hotel. Highly recommendable.

Room Tip: Ask for city view, and balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PerFjellhamar
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a good hotel!
The staff are friendly, and all speak very good English. My room was spacious, clean, and had a balcony and a view over the city.
Breakfast was varied, with everything from fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, meats etc. being available. Egg dishes (omelette, poached etc.) are cooked to order.
The bar provided drinks at good prices, and I ate my evening meals in there, and found them very filling!
Betsy's is located on a main road, but away from the city centre, so there is little traffic, and the air is a little fresher too.
There is a bookshop in the hotel, a branch of Prospero's, which is based in the city centre, here you can buy from a wide selection of guide books, together with other books (in English), and also have a coffee and cake while enjoying the view towards the TV tower.

Room Tip: Betsy's is located on a hillside, and as I wanted a good view, I asked for a room on one of the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank gotravelagain
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I liked the hotel. Bed was comfortable, food was ok. staff was friendly. A little bit off the center so expect to walk or take a taxi to get around. All in all a pleasant stay, would come back here again. Just in comparison with other hotels Betsy's is rather average than good but this is nothing to worry about. You'll get a clean room, bed, and bathroom and what does one need more when being away from home.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Shunima
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed for two nights at the end of February 2014. Check in was swift and pleasant. The lobby and hallways are decorated with Georgian artefacts and photos. Rugs adorn the floors.

We were directed along a corridor and up to our room. The double room was spacious, with a nice double bed, stunning balcony view and a good clean bathroom with shower. The toiletries provided were nice. There was no Tea and Coffee Making Facility (TCMF) in the room but, when we asked at the bar, they delivered a kettle and mugs very quickly.

The characterful bar is the highlight of this place. We found some interesting and well-matured spirits there, propped on the right hand side of the bar. After a couple of hours, it felt like we had been absorbed into another world: Betsy's World!

The bar menu was excellent, with the Chilli Mac a highlight. The burger was also good, I think.

Overall, a clean and friendly little place, well situated and with a splendid view.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A_Flying_Scotsman
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Betsy's hotel is a complex of two buildings and they are planning to add a third. It is high up in the city with a beautiful view and a very relaxed atmosphere. The first night they forgot we asked for a room with a view which they promised. The next day we could move to a suite with a view. You can walk quite easily to the city but be careful in the dark because they have not much light at night in the streets of Vilnius.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at Betsy's for four days. It was my first time in Tblisi, therefore I didn't know what to expect. I set my expectations pretty low not to get disappointed. I can honestly say that it's a clean hotel. For me this is one of the most crucial criterias. We stayed in a room at the top, where we had a small terrace. The bathroom's decoration was a bit different but fine. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The elevator was a bit noisy. We could hear it from our room, I guess the walls are a bit thin. The breakfast was ok, nothing so special. We didn't have any chance to have a drink at the bar, or to eat anything for lunch / dinner. We had a fine stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel