“Very cosy hotel, and perfectly located”
Review of Hotel Iliani

Hotel Iliani
Ranked #103 of 131 Hotels in Tbilisi
Paris, France
“Very cosy hotel, and perfectly located”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in the Iliani for 3 nights with my husband. We only had 4 days to discover Tbilisi, before moving on to a Georgia-tour, and in this hotel we really felt at home, and were very close to everything we needed to visit in Tbilisi. It is very central, and everything was at walking distance.
Our room was very comfortable and clean. Near the reception area,there is a big lounge with sofas and a very nice garden where we could relax.
Moreover, we really appreciated the homemade cuisine, the dishes were delicious, and the staff were all very kind to us. We definitely recommend this cosy place!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elsa P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 8, 2012

a very nice hotel located in the center of Tiflis. very nice atmosphere, friendly staff and very delicious food.
higly recommend !!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah R
Orpington
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The website of the hotel is probably based on photographs of when the hotel was built over 20 years ago. The reality now is very different. My first impression of the hotel was the poor decoration of the reception area and corridors. My room had furniture that was clearly many years old and reminded me of the first hotel I stayed at in Tbilisi in 1996 – the Musa, which now has closed. The Musa was a soviet style hotel and the impression this gives is not dissimilar. The walls of the room had what looked like damp marks and the TV was ancient and had few channels. There was no devent desk area to sit and work which I needed to do. My room was very dark since it faced a partially built concrete block. Overall the quality of the room and the hotel was pretty poor and I would not recommend it to any one. It is not cheap since it is advertised as being 100 EU per night. There are several good hotels in Tbilisi cheaper than this. I left for one of them after only one night. .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CriticP

Travelers are raving about these Tbilisi hotels

Reviewed May 19, 2012

they had very bad behavior to us and not clean , there is very terrible place for staying

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
LondoN
Reviewed March 22, 2008

My first visit to Tbilisi was 3 years ago in December. The way the warmth of supposedly freezing weather and the beam of sunshine was covering the hills and mountains surrounding this beautiful country was somehow reflecting my wintery mood.

However, for my second trip in January 2008, I was getting ready to meet the strictness of a cold winter, lurking in the streets of Tbilisi. Truth be told, I was worried about it.

But my fears didn't last long. At 3 a.m I was picked up at the airport by one of hotel 'Iliani’ drivers, where I had reserved a room. I stayed for 3 days at the hotel.

Whilst enjoying cosiness, friendliness, care of staff, high speed of delicious meal served at the restaurant, the warmth inside the hotel when gazing outside at the frosty streets, and of course rather acceptable prices compared to other hotels, my 3 days of joy of staying at hotel 'Iliani' went by so quickly. I truly miss my trip to Tbilisi, to hotel 'Iliani'.

In addition, I must say that I'm grateful to administration of hotel for having my two stunning excursions organized - city sightseeings and outskirts of Tbilisi.

In conclusion, I would higly recommend other travel - addicted people to visit this beautiful country, and of course experience the beauty of staying at hotel 'Iliani'.

• Stayed January 2008
1 Thank Macbeth1349
Russia
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Before trying to stay at the Iliani, I've never had to leave a hotel and find another one because of such low quality rooms. Unfortunately, the rooms they offered us, simply weren't acceptable - compared to both the online descriptions and the rooms offered by other hotels in Tbilisi at similar prices.

Each of the problems with our room were fairly minor in and of themselves (AC didn't work; no TV reception; uneven bed; upholstrey falling off all the furniture; the balcony was unusable because of the smoke/dust coming from the construction site next door; and others) - one or two of them would have been fine. We could have even put up with all the flaws if we hadn't been paying $200 a night. But there are much better rooms and values available in Tbilisi.

We ended up finding another hotel offering much better rooms and location at almost half the price.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jrs2020