All reviewslovely little hotelold townturkish coffeerustavelli avenueperfect locationmini barsmall roomno liftrecommend this hotelfirst floormetro stationheartwifigeorgiachurchfactorydriver
Reviewed March 27, 2017

Great place in the center of Tbilisi, good price, good breakfast, lovely personnel. We found like home. I will come back in the future. The hotel is 50 meters the clock's tower and the main pedestrain streets of the city.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank David L
Reviewed January 16, 2017

This place had been recommended by a friend, but I originally ignored the recommendation. My mistake! After moving here from my other hotel (that I may review separately) part way through the week, I asked myself why I hadn't done it sooner. The price was in the same range but the place itself was so much better. Villa Mtiebi is pretty, comfortable, welcoming - all that a person could ask. The building itself is pretty, inside and out, done in an Italianate villa style. It is located a short walk from the main business area and from the old town. No need for a veicle if you stay there: public transit is good and nearby. Breakfast is great: good coffee, eggs, bread, fruit, cheese. The room was on the first floor, with windows onto the street, which you wouldn't think was ideal, but the street is mostly pretty quiet, despite being close to the center of the old town and I never found the street noise at a level to be disturbing. Staff were friendly and helpful with directions and advice. They spoke English well, which is an advantage to many. I liked being close to the main business street so that I could easily walk to tour offices to book day tours. In the evening, the proximity to old town Tbilisi was great because the restaurants were close by for dinner. As a beyond-middle-age man traveling alone, I wasn't all that interested in the nightlife, but it is not too far away for those who want that. Overall, my experience there was 100 percent positive.

Room Tip: noise is not really an issue but I didn't see the suites/rooms on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2017

This villa-hotel has got soul -- exemplified by its architecture and interior design. Me and my friends stayed here in winter time, and spent many pleasant hours at the fire place. The staff is helpful, good-humored, and open-minded. The neighborhood is rapidly developing, but as of yet unspoiled.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2016

Me and my husband just recently did a trip to Georgia for our 5th Anniversary, We have stayed at Villa Mtiebi and during booking I had casually mentioned that it was our anniversary on so and so date and that is why we are visiting. For our surprise on the day of the Anniversary they actually arranged Champagne and a beautiful homemade cake for us to celebrate us and it was complimentary on the house. It was a real sweet gesture and the stay was very comfortable with great service. The only draw back is that they serve the same breakfast every day which was decent variety as well. Plus this place is right in the center of Tbilisi the whole city is walk-able distance. We would definitely come back to stay there.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor are much better then ground.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016

quiet area, clean and nice room, good breakfast, no elevator or bell boy for the suitcase to the second floor, don't use the driver from the hotel - took 25 euro from the airport to the hotel, taxi driver from the street took 25 gel back to the airport

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends