All reviewslovely little hotelold townturkish coffeerustavelli avenueperfect locationmini barsmall roomno liftrecommend this hotelfirst floormetro stationheartwifigeorgiachurchfactorydriver
Reviewed August 15, 2016

quiet area, clean and nice room, good breakfast, no elevator or bell boy for the suitcase to the second floor, don't use the driver from the hotel - took 25 euro from the airport to the hotel, taxi driver from the street took 25 gel back to the airport

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Starting from positive: the hotel has great location, the room was big and clean, the breakfast was good (however a little bit basic and could be improved).

Negatives: bad smell from sink in the bathroom.

The most disappointed thing was during paying process. I propose to pay by card and the lady at reception replied "Ok, but I have to include VAT 18% in total". My reply was "Ok" because I wasn't informed about other options. However next morning I asked her: "Would you include VAT in case of paying by cash" and she replied "No". I asked to cancel card transaction to pay by cash but she replied that it's impossible already. So my stay became more expansive for 18%.

I think it's important clearly describe the payment options and propose the most valuable one for the customer. In this hotel the staff didn't do it, so I reduce my rate to 2/5.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pragamail
Reviewed August 12, 2016

We stayed several times in Georgia in a bit cheaper places than Villa Mtieby and were always not happy. But now we know for sure that it's worth paying $20-40 more than the cheapest options and you can here small quiet hotel with spacious very clean and comfortable room, welcoming service and superb breakfast. The overall quality and satisfaction was really higher that in some other more expensive places we stayed before.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexander M
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Tbilisi for our sons wedding. I researched on trip advisor for a good middle range hotel and this hotel had a great rating. The hotel does not look much from the outside . but inside is lovely. High ceilings on the bedroom nicely furnished and a nice shower room. We would both highly recommend this hotel. The staff are lovely and efficient. Enjoying our stay

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2016

We stayed at the hotel from July 5 to July 12 in two rooms and overall had a pleasant experience. The best about this hotel is its location in heart of old Tbilisi within 2 min walk to the residence of the Patriarch of the Georgian Orthodox Church and 5 min to Sioni Church. The booking was easy and administration of the hotel did a good job of organizing an easy check-in and stay. The front desk was well informed about our schedule and preferences. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, especially Nina who we called a “smiling girl”, she treated us as good friends. Thank you, Nina! We enjoyed breakfast and Turkish coffee, the food variety was somewhat limited and the same every day, but very good and great start of a day. We also enjoyed cleanliness of the hotel rooms, especially bathrooms.

On the not so great side – the hotel needs some freshen up, the lobby walls have cracks and need to be repainted and carpet desperately needs an upgrade. Also, I was surprised that on the check-in a front desk clerk (the only male at front desk) didn’t help me with a luggage when showing us to the room on the second floor.

I would stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family