All reviews lovely little hotel old town turkish coffee rustavelli avenue perfect location mini bar small room no lift recommend this hotel first floor metro station heart wifi georgia church factory driver
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

I’ll start with the positives. Mtiebi is a charming hotel. It’s centrally located right in the heart of old town Tbilisi, within steps of many great bars and restaurants. In spite of all that, it wasn’t usually loud, save for the occasional late-night partiers in the street. It is clean and attractive, with a nice central courtyard perfect for congregating. The staff was (mostly) friendly and they speak sufficient English.

Breakfast is decent, but not exceptional. The restaurant is only open for breakfast but there are lots of other great places nearby. The Wi-Fi was weak and sporadic. The room keys are very old fashioned. Our room needed the key to lock the door from the inside but they only make one key available. So if one of you stays in while the other goes out you need a second key which they don’t provide.

And now for the weaknesses: The folks at the front desk are not empowered to make decisions. They don’t take AmEx and if you pay with another credit card there is an exorbitant surcharge (like 18%). So I paid in USD cash. They gave a fair exchange rate but then owed me about 50 Lari back. They had no change. Zero. Not in Euro, Dollars or Lari. When I tried to pay with one less USD bill, I was short by the equivalent of one Lari, and they refused to waive it. I’d just paid more than 1500 Lari, but they wouldn’t waive one single Lari (45 cents) due to them not having change. So I had to run around at 11pm to exchange more dollars right before heading off to the airport. Come on folks! And finally, they will book you an airport taxi for 25 USD or 25 Euro. But beware…the going rate is 25 Lari. So they are charging you more than double. Shame.

I liked the hotel and the location, but for the reasons noted above, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Steven C
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

This small friendly hotel is a great base for exploring the old town. It sits right on the street but noise was not an issue. Breakfast was good, and included both hot and cold items. I stayed in a single room, which was fine for one person. It's not a luxury hotel, but it was clean and comfortable. There room had had AC and free WiFi. There is no restaurant in the hotel but plenty of restaurants are just a short walk away. Note that it is cheaper to get your own taxi to the airport than to have the hotel do it. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank MandanaJames
Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

2 nights stayed at Villa Mtiebi, hotel was very nice and convenient, in heart of Tbilisi only few min walk from the old Tbilisi city center, rooms were ok and very clean, break fast was a real homemade one not lots of variety but overall good, staff were very friendly esp reception desk.
really value for the price.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2016

The hotel located in the heart of Old Town - but on a quite street. Most popular restaurants and attractions are just 5-10 minutes walking distance. And I would say that this is so great to stay in the centre of Old Tbilisi.

We got a free upgrade to a bigger room which was really spacious and a balcony door in Parisian style. The room itself has a little bit old furniture and finishing details although the hotel has been renovated recently. At least I would renew the bathroom tiling.

The breakfast was very good and homelike, which I always appreciate in small hotels. The pancaked were just yummy!

We would like to thank the young ladies at the reception who were always very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Rusudan K, Владелец at Boutique Villa Mtiebi, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2016

Dear Guest, CarpeDiem_Travel14,
Thank you so much for your score. We are glad that you liked our hotel.
Your opinion is essentially important for us. We always try to have a very cordial relationship with our guests.
We do our best for you to be satisfied.
Hope to host you next time in Tbilisi .

Boutique hotel Villa Mtiebi
Best regards,
Hotel Director Rusudan Konjaria

Reviewed March 28, 2016

Very good location, wellcoming staff, nice breakfast, vary silent nearby. Amazing turkish coffee is served by request each breakfast. It's kind of continental one, it's OK, but on 3rd day you will feel sameness. Rooms are equipped good, in bathroom there are all necessary accessories.
You can reach all major places in 10-15 min by foot.
It's really good option for stay in Tbilisi :)

Stayed: March 2016
Rusudan K, Владелец at Boutique Villa Mtiebi, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2016

Dear Guest, Alexander A ,
Thank you so much for your score. We are glad that you liked our hotel.
We do our best for you to be satisfied.
Hope to host you next time in Tbilisi .

Boutique hotel Villa Mtiebi