“Bath house no 5”

Ranked #1 of 24 Spas & Wellness in Tbilisi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed April 8, 2015 via mobile

I went here with a friend. It was a bit confusing at first as it said on the webpage that there was public baths but when we went there they told us that they only had private baths. We got one anyway and felt a bit ripped off. The bath was really nice anyway but it was just so hot. It was painful to sit in it for long and it felt like I couldn't breath. It felt really good afterwards thought, and my skin still feels soft.

1  Thank Stina H
in 16 reviews
"lari"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed April 5, 2015

We booked ourself into the Kings Bath, there are other options but this was recommended.
We were circling from hotwater, into cold shower, into Sana, into the massage/scrubb, tc
enjoyed it thoroughly, had a few beers on the trip.
1h for two un up a bil o 40 Euros, Expensive but worth visit, you should do it as a group of 4!

Reviewed April 3, 2015

It was pouring with rain on a Monday so all the museums were shut and I decided the baths were a good place to go on a wet day. As a solo female traveller who isn't prudish but is on a budget I was looking for a public bath, didn't want to pay for a private room with no-one to chat to. I was directed to a building a little up the hill behind the others where use of the public bath was 2 lari, towel hire 1 lari and a massage 10 lari. No charge for lockers.
The shower area was clean with irregular mosaic tiles on the walls and on the massage tables. Water good and hot. I enjoyed the massage which was not too rough. The hot tub for after the massage was very hot indeed but they told me not to stay in longer than 10 minutes. They were also offering a 'scrape' or exfoliation for 10 lari but I decided to forgo that as I have very dry skin and forgot to take moisturiser. There was a sauna room but I didn't try that.
I was originally looking for the old Soviet baths - no clue how I missed it - but having heard that the water there is overbearingly hot I'm happy I went where I did.

2  Thank Whonose
Reviewed March 28, 2015

Have you ever seen any Soviet movie from 70-80'? If not I can recommend to watch "S legkim parom" serial. The first part is about a group of friends visited Russian banya in the fall of the year, washed themselves, had a lot of vodka/brandy shots and finally got lost. The other series parts are about waking up in another city, trying to understand how they got there etc... It's really must see movie.
Tubani No. 5 cost you just 3 lari (the common room visit) plus an additional charge for locker (5 lari). In dressing roam you put off your clothes, wrap you into a bed sheet and continue to a special room, where a large amount of hot steam is created with the help of water and hot air and fire (burned newspapers). Water is sourced by a sulphur spring, circa 40 deg.of Celsius hot. You wash yourself properly and proceed to classic Russian banya use electric heat. Inside the banya, which is here built of rough wood, there are wide wooden benches along the walls. They are built up one above the other like steps. You can sit or lay on the benches. The higher up the bench the hotter the air is. Once you are warmed up well enough, leave the room and return back to steam room with mineral (H2S) water pool. The difference with classic Russian banya is here the pool has water hot 40 C. All the wall decoration, lockers, stuff etc.. in Tubani No. 5 are really authentic. After two steams and two pools I felt so tired, exhausted and thirsty too much so I had to get off and buy a couple of bottled bears at the street kiosk. Now my skin quality is like 3year baby :-)

2  Thank Karel D