“Nothing really exciting”

Organique Josper Bar
Ranked #7 of 732 Restaurants in Tbilisi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We believe that the best taste is natural. That is why we use only organic Georgian products. We believe that the healthiest way to cook meal is to bake it. That is why we cook in specially designed grill Josper that allows to keep all the best of the product with it. We believe that Georgian bio wines are worth trying again and again. That is why we use enomatic wine dispenser that serves 16 kinds of wine by the glass. We believe that a good meal always ends with a good talk. That is why our stuff does everything for you comfort. We believe that you deserve the best.
zurich
“Nothing really exciting”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My partner and I went by for a late lunch specifically to Organique because I wanted a decent grilled steak in a nice clean modern restaurant. The interior is nice, bright and the best part I could breath without gagging. Service was good just do not expect anything in a hurry - even a spare glass.

Our waitress kept her distance didn't bother us too much as they often tend to do here. We were not offered bread - so expect no frills. Service was good, she did however remove my partners plate while he was chewing and while I still had food on mine before I indicated I was done. Salt and pepper shakers were mixed - a common error here I find. Salt in the pepper shaker and vice versa.

I ordered the rack of lamb and my partner the NY steak. He had a reasonable portion, I was starving as my lamb was so tiny - I had about 3 chops, as if this was not disappointing enough my lamb was over cooked. The meat was mediocre standard, the vegetables were very tasty. I had requested an extra portion of broccoli but it never arrived. I also requested garlic, chilli or some sort of spicy sauce but was told they did not have any...I wanted this to liven up my little bits of meat.

Several glass of wine was ordered - which we found overpriced - definitely a tourist trap. The cheesecake dessert was a winner for both of us. There wasn't much atmosphere as it was late afternoon the middle of the week and we were the only guests.

Overall we were somewhat disappointed as it looked like a nice place and the pictures all looked so yummy.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank CDJK
Begemott, Owner at Organique Josper Bar, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
First of all we are pleased to hear that you liked our cheesecake dessert. Everyone loves it.
We have open kitchen where meat is under glass display so every guest can choose the right piece of meat specially for them.
We are proud to notice that our wine is made from organic grape with old ancient traditions of wine making. Our prices (6-13 GEL) match high quality of wine.
We really appreciate your opinion and notes. It makes us improve our service. Thank you!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Nice place and people”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What really makes this place special is people that work there, interior design and atmosphere. Food is really good but it is not the strongest part of the restaurant.

I think this place will become more popular in future if they keep quality of service and

• Visited February 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“A decent meal”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

So the interior is very simple, modern, and "green." I went during lunch when they offer 15% off their usual menu which is good because it's "tourist" priced to begin with. My understanding is the a Josper is a kind of grill technique. The best thing about this place is that it was clean and didn't smell like cigarette smoke and no one was smoking. Awesome! I had the trout and the spinach with vegetables. Both were good, especially the veggies. It tasted fresh and the trout was simply prepared and not overly salty. The meal was very good but I wouldn't say that it was a "stand out" meal. I think the meat (beef) is likely their specialty. The wait staff was good. I would say that the main drawback to this place other than the tourist prices is that it takes way too long for the food to come out. Don't come here if you are in a time crunch.

• Visited February 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
“New and fresh!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Let's start from the interior and atmosphere...
Me & My friend felt like if the cat found that very right and comfortable place.
Everything is fashionable but simple.
Food tasted really good, no doubts about its quality. Juicy meet with little but enough spicies.
And of course thanks to the stuff. They worked for a good tips :)

• Visited January 2013
Tbilisi, Dushet'is Raioni, Georgia
“Romantic place...”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

As we were looking for comfy and quiet place, we were really lucky to find this one - right close to the "Tamada with horn" statue...The atmosphere is right for couples. Meals looked artsy and tasted really healthy! The place wasn't too crowded, but we were waiting our steaks quite longer than we expected. But it really worths waiting! Service is friendly and nice:) We found place of simple meals but with sophisticated touch :)

• Visited December 2012