“Very nice hotel in the heart of Tbilisi”
Review of Courtyard Tbilisi

Courtyard Tbilisi
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a week ago and really enjoyed my stay. Being a silver member of Marriott i was surprised to get an upgrade and get the city view room. The view was to the main street and was very beautiful. Hotel is located in the very nice place, at walkable distance to everywhere. :) Rooms are clean and nice, big enough,very comfortable bed .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2013

First of all have to give a special mention to front desk staff. Professional and english fluent and always friendly. Arrived the hotel at 4 am, wasnt sleepy at all and spent some time talking with persoun from night shift (Alex was on duty), who kindly gave me a brief introduction to the city. Both supervisors are detail oriented and do a good job on running the things.
Housekeeping also does a pretty good job, always had my room done on time and impecable. Hotel also has good facilities, such as inner pool (didnt try) and has security personel always around, even though Tbilissi is quite safe always feel nice.

On a downside wifi signal is weak in particular in the lobby. Breakfast is expensive and doesnt match all the remaining standards.

Location is about as central as it gets, in walking distance to main street and many places of interest.

Highly reccomended. The place to stay in Tbilisi

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Supeeer! Amazing hotel, great location, excellent service! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Stayed there for 2 nights, and the only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that I could not stay longer, since had to leave for Batumi. The staff was always there to assist and help with whatever we needed.

Beds: I had heard a lot of positive comments about beds at Marriott, now I know why people love them so much. The beds are super-comfortable, soft, almost "hug" you and don't want to let go :)

As a person who usually have problems with extreme temperatures, need to mention this: another thing I liked about the hotel is that temperature management was exceptional: wherever it needed to be warm, it was warm, wherever it needed to be cool, it was cool. Great job!

Gym/Pool facilities must be checked out!!!

Make sure to have breakfast at the hotel during your stay, you will LOVE it!

SPECIAL THANKS to:
FO Supervisor Nana, for super check-in, trust and making me feel special;
Nino from "At Your Service", who happily assisted me with all my requests;
Avtandil from the Engineering department for helping me out with my belt, and also with the cover of the ventilation system: really appreciate it! Please accept my apologies for such a trouble!
Anna from F&B: she made our breakfasts unforgettable not only with the great service she provided, but also with her amazing sense of humor and friendly attitude. Loved it!
Nina, for easy and smooth check-out. Nice hairstyle! ;)
And super-special thanks to FO associate Kate! They way she handled the third breakfast issue we had was something I did not expect, and something that left me super-impressed! That is what I call "going extra mile for the guest". Great job! Excellent service! Thank you!!!

Didi Madloba to all!!! Definitely coming back! ;)

Room Tip: Square-view Rooms recommended!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Evren_Rahimov
Reviewed September 6, 2013

For 3 night of our stayin' everything was great.Breakfast was more than expected,casuals was very careful.Specially the girl,I think her name was ANNA!
Front desk was also very helpful,I called them 15 times per night and everytime heard cheerful!Specially (Nini & i think Tatya)
The hotel,numbers and personal ws great!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Orkhan_Imanli
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I always look into staying in any of the Marriott chain hotels, and as always perfect decision. The location coudn't be better, service was great al in all the Marriott hotels and the hotel was nice and clean.

We enjoyed every minute of being at that hotel. Perfect for business and also for families.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors looking to the freedom square.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at both Marriott properties in Tbilisi, and there seems to have been a conscious decision to trim away amenities at the Courtyard to distinguish them. Many of these, like doormen, bellhops and room service, may not be missed by many travelers, but their absence can be jarring if you're expecting a full service hotel.

As an example, there is no appreciable driveway and no support staff at the entrance. I found myself struggling to get myself and my luggage out of the street and up the stairs to get inside. This feels like a bit too much indignity after 20 hours in transit, although it might have gone unnoticed had I been traveling with my usual light business luggage. On this trip, though, it meant balancing two heavy suitcases and carry-on luggage and making two awkward trips up a set of stairs. For all the times I bristle at feeling obligated to tip a door man, this felt a bit too do-it-yourself for an international brand.

Once you're at the desk, service is courteous enough, though the help I got to get my luggage to the room seemed somehow a special request of a staff member who had a different day job.

The restaurant is adequate, and the serving staff are characteristically friendly and hospitable. Breakfast is also quite adequate, with a few uncontroversial offerings.

The location of the property is outstanding, and my room had a direct view to the iconic statue of St. George. I feared street noise would ruin the effect, but the windows are remarkably sound-proofed.

All in all, I'm sure there are more charming hotels in Tbilisi for a lot less money, and you might even get better rounded service. It falls squarely in the category of "good enough" without offering anything more to draw me back or highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Tbilisi for two nights and enjoyed our stay immensely! It was a Courtyard in terms of the rooms, etc. However, the staff at every level was delightful and tried very hard to please however they could! We also stayed during our trip to Georgia at the Marriott Tbilisi which, of course, is wonderful in its own right, but dollar for dollar staying right on Freedom Square with a staff that made you feel at home in a foreign country with very comfortable beds can't be beat. In addition to a fitness area, they have a pool and sauna although we did not use them since we were too busy seeing all the sights! We soud stay here again should we get back to this wonderfully exciting city

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family