Tbilisi Friends Hostel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$157
  • Breakfast included
Mia Guesthouse Tbilisi(Tbilisi)(Great Value!)
$44
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hostel is situated not far from Tbilicy's Old Town City centre. It may be difficult to find it at first time, but you'll be surprised how good this places is situated. Hostel is in the centre, but at the same time it's very quiet place. The personnel speaks Russian and English as well. Free coffee, tea and wi-fi are available. The interrior looks nice. There's probably some renovation needed for hostel's bathrooms. Big hostel's mirrors are amazing. Hostel has one private room on the first floor, dormitory for 10 person on the second, and 2 more private rooms on the third floor. You can also sleep on a balcony if you want. The place has real hostel atmosphere and I do not regret of staying at this hostel for 4 nights. Thank you, Tbilisi Friends Hostel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

What an incredibly lucky find! Many of the marvelous attractions here in T'bilisi are a short stroll from the door way. Here is a safe bed, 24 hour coffee or tea, and a door that is never closed to travelers. Here are private rooms and a dormitory, three baths, a copper kitchen and two common areas. I stayed here three weeks while I had some dental work done, (worlds' best dental surgery is one of T'bilisi's hallmarks) and during the entire time I never saw or heard an unpleasant word. I need to add that the other guests who visited during this time were very courteous and clean. If you plan to come, it woud help to make a reservation, because even during the off-season, "Friends" had guests. Many were repeat visitors. I guess that fact tells you more than words.

Room Tip: If you plan to come here, make a reservation. I stayed in the private room and domitory and enjoyed both.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

ill rate this as objectively as i can considering this is a hostel. Myself and 3 other backpackers stayed here our first and last night in tbilsi. We each had a dorm bed for 20 Gel which for as far as dorm beds go was pretty standard. There are two bathroom/showers on that same floor which are OK, the cleanliness is left dependent on the guests so its naturally quite poor.(flip flops for the shower is recommeded for the hygiene-conscious among us). The staff is pleasant, the owner is a good guy and both he and his mother make u feel welcome and offer helpful advice. The young girl they also employ part of the time (nino) spends most of her time in the lobby area browsing facebook on the only computer there but is generally pleasant and helpful when addressed. Theres an ample kitchen and fridge at your service, something we didnt personally have the opportunity to test but looked fine. The location is great, right in the old part of tbilsi albeit a bit hard to find at first. (pretty close to the envoy hostel though youll later find a faster route down to the main street through an unmarked alley). In conclusion my overall impression of the hostel is pretty neutral. I was neither especially impressed relative to my experience with hostels in central america, south america, and parts of eastern europe but also found the hostel to fulfill almost every facet that a budget backpacker needs. Would I recommend this place as the best in Tbilsi? honestly dont know, didnt see the others, but i also dont feel the obligation to warn other travellers and thinks its generally a safe and financial option.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Avidan A
Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best values for your buck you're going to find with a very friendly staff.. the only times I haven't seen the staff to be friendly is when they're allowing you to come in at 3:00 in the morning, being awoken and groggily offering you a bed at that time. But yeah.. they're still giving you a bed. I've come at some pretty crazy times (via buses and trains from Russia and other parts of Georgia).. few guarantees in the middle of the night, but I stayed three nights this past week and had a reservation for only one. Even though they were filled up the two nights I didn't reserve I had a place set for me on their couch and another night on the balcony bed (which I quite enjoyed.. they didn't charge me for either). They'll take care of you.. and it's pretty great to have that one hostel in different cities that you like to visit. This place is mine. Fridge, tea, showers, wifi, and computer also accessible to everyone and great location in town. It's not the Ritz, but it's a place I can count on which means a lot to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Olen K
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had so much fun staying there.. They've organized a traditional Georgian dinner for guests called 'supra'.. And we met so many nice and interesting people there.. Of course it was a bit noisy there.. but it was one of the best experiences in Georgia.. Also staff were so helpful.. I strongly recommend this hostel!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends