“Place to crash in Tbilisi”

and 1 more site!
Nest Hostel Tbilisi
Ranked #1 of 494 Specialty Lodging in Tbilisi
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Place to crash in Tbilisi”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The first very important thing is that it is really close to the city centre. Also the staff is great and if you are up for parties, this is an excellent place to be. Me and my friend stayed there for 3 days and experienced a hell of a Halloween party, another party and my birthday party. Quite packed schedule:) So I do really recommend it on my behalf.

They do not really have SPA, but I would put excellent for that one too in my evaluation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ruta M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed October 4, 2011

It was my first time in Tbilisi and Georgia, and I always remember this visit with smile and wish to come back again. Giorgi is great guy and I think he is the best person who fits Nest Hotel - always smiling, I would say even shining, friendly and positive. As soon as you enter Nest Hotel, you feel like you got really to your nest from long flight. You are welcomed and treated as if you are very close friend who finally came back from faraway trip. I enjoyed my stay there, I enjoyed the company of Giorgi and his friends, I enjoyed the atmosphere of Nest Hotel and all Tbilisi. I started my trip to Georgia with one goal - relax and forget my everyday routine, and I can say that this goal was 100% achieved. Thanks, Giogri, thanks, Nest Hotel, thanks, Georgia!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Anna G
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed October 4, 2011

If your path came to Georgia, it’s the obligatory part of the program to visit ‘Nest Hostel’, because it is one of the few places where you can experience Georgian hospitality. In this hostel you will not stuck with the questions ‘where to go?’ and ‘what to do?’. George and Becka, who will meet you at the hostel, are alive Wikipedia of all Tbilisi events. Staff is mega-positive and, what is the most important, they are always ready to help.
The main plus of the hostel is an ideal location. You can get everywhere by foot and it is close to the famous Bude-bar (the second ‘must do’ in Tbilisi after Nest Hostel). The hostel is clean and WiFi works perfect. But most importantly, that only here you can feel what is the real fun. Perfect hostel for all optimistic and party-addicted backpackers!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Yu L
Rustavi, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Nest Hostel is by far my favorite place in Tbilisi. I have stayed at two or three others but am so glad I found The Nest. I live in Georgia and go to Tbilisi every weekend. I have stayed at the Nest for 8 weekends in a row now. It feels like home. Beka, Nick and George are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the place is just so cozy. Its in a very good location close to Freedom Square and there are lots of markets to buy food. The kitchen is great and they have an awesome balcony. Its a great place to meet people and make friends from all over the world. I would definitely recommend the Nest to anyone traveling to Tbilisi.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristali_ME
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

When I arrived at Nesthostel, I was welcomed by Giorgi, someone, who works there and he showed me the different rooms and let me choose a bed. I chose the room next to the common room because there was no one sleeping in that room at the time (I arrived at 1am at night). Giorgi did warn me and said it might be loud, but I thought it couldn't be too bad. After four days in that room, I know now that this was a huge mistake and I also know now, that Giorgi was most likely to be drunk when I arrived as he was drunk whenever I saw him "on duty".

I don't mind if people, and even the receptionist in a hostel, have a drink and a party at all which is why I didn't worry at all when it was very loud that first night. I thought it was a one-off. The next day, Giorgi was fast asleep still when I left the hostel to explore Tbilisi at around 11am. There was no other staff there to help and give advise.

By the time I came back in the evening, Nick "worked" and Giorgi was gone. It was a lot quiter then but I still didn't receive a warm welcome at all. Neither did I see anything what was promised on the internet in regards to help and advise to plan trips out of Tbilisi or the like. There were no towels as promised (I had my own so I didn't care) and I had to ask for the bedding. I just received a duvet cover, no actual duvet so it might be worth bringing a sleeping bag for your stay at this hostel.

However, I would strongly recommend not to stay here, as the staff is drunk or asleep most of the time and as there is so much party going on that you surely won't get much sleep. The last night of my stay, Giorgi back on duty, was an absolute nightmare. The party went on until after 7am the next morning and even changing my bed to a different and quiter room didn't help because Giorgi came in at about 3am, turned the lights on and complaining that we (everybody who was in my bedroom) had changed to another one without asking. When we said "Giorgi, we need to sleep, we haven't slept in two days!" his reply was:"So what? I haven't slept in two days either".

The next morning, when we had enough, we packed our bags and wanted to leave. We tried to get our money back but Giorgi was still drunk when speaking to him (at 11am!!!) and even after we finally managed to wake him up on the couch in the living room, first thing he did was opening a can of beer and smiling at us.

We didn't get any money back but had a massive lack of sleep which made us change our travel plans slightly.

I recommend this hostel to young people who like to party only. Guests like me, who do sightseeing in the day and have a quiet night at night are definitely unhappy in this hostel. Sleeping at night is not possible (at least not in the room next to the common room). The kitchen of the hostel is very nice, the bathrooms are ok but not clean at all. The location is great, very close to Freedom Square but this is not a huge plus because there are plenty of hostels in that area.

After 10 days in Georgia, I have learned that most places to stay at cost about GEL20.00. Nesthostel was with GEL25.00 doubtless the most expensive during my entire trip. There are cheaper hostels that are a lot nicer than this one!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Christa H
Barlik, Manager at Nest Hostel Tbilisi, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
We are very sorry for the inconvenience that you had experienced while you where staying at the Nest. There are a few things we would like to say as well.

There are 3 dorms in the hostel and only one of them is close to the main area. When you came around "Giorgi" did tell you that we don't have a no speaking or going to sleep at specific time policy. He also warned you that the dorm you chose was the loudest one and if you want to have a good night sleep you should choose the other one as it was a weekend. The question is why didn't you move to the other dorm after you saw that Hostel is quite full and not all of the guests are going to sleep early, still stayed in the same room fore the rest of the weekend?

The towels and anything you need including extra warm blankets are not on each bed, because not every guest needs extra blankets and towels. You just ask any member of the staff for it.

You asked for your money back the morning you where leaving because you didn't like staying in the hostel. Why didn't you say anything at all before and actually stayed with us for 4 days?

And after all, our staff found your credit cards and your cash in the hostel. They did their best to contact you, found your contact details and asked how to get it to you back. Why didn't you mention that in your review?

One more time we are sorry that you where disturbed by the noise, but that's what usually happens quite big and busy hostels on weekends. Usually our hostel can't be called noisy at all especially the dorms that are on the opposite side of the Hostel far away from the main area.

Best Regards,
Beka and Giorgi.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Rooms in Nest Hostel are spacious, clean and comfortable. Kitchen and common area are cozy ! Owners and workers are so kind, interesting, hospitable. They can give you useful advices, help with travelling around georgia, take you somewhere, have a beer. yeah it was really splendid week in this hostel :)

Room Tip: I guss there is one private room and rest are equal (just one without windows where yo can sleep til...