“Nice hotel, but too far from the centre”

Holiday Inn Tbilisi
Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed October 3, 2013

An excellent hotel with nicely furnished rooms. We stayed in different rooms on different dates, but had a wonderful view every time. The pool is large and we enjoyed using it very much and also the pool bar. The staff in the bar and restaurant were excellent, very friendly and very chatty, especially the interns. The only disadvantage we found is that the hotel is a long way from the more interesting parts of the city, which necessitated taxi rides (and somehow the drivers never seemed to drop you where you wanted to be, even if the bell boy had told them or written down the destination.)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Tbilisi

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Newly renovated Hotel (former soviet Adjara) yes, executive rooms are really nice, with a fancy bathroom with wooden floor parts etc) yes and the floor to ceiling windows are very nice too. Poll is one of the best in Tbilisi, and its full outdoor! (did not try the Radisson new one indoor top floor, people say its better there) located on the other side of heroes square than old town, but short ride in a taxi. the other alternative price-value wise is the Marriott courtyard on freedom square much closer to the airport and beginning of rustaveli main street. the other hotels are either too expensive or too basic for me.

Room Tip: take the executive rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good service, nice rooms, decent utilities, decent conference services, free wireless internet. I've just attended the AAPG Europe Region meeting there and was quite satisfied with the experience. The breakfast is big and complex. As minuses: most of the rooms are for smokers, the rooms are not equipped with iron and ironing board (luckily I had a shirt that didn't needed ironing), my air conditioning didn't work on heating (it was very cold in the room).

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the highest floors ... the view is awesome.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Since I had a very recent stay in Holiday Inn Tbilisi on a business trip and stayed at the executive business room, I would like to say that it is one of the best executive rooms I have ever stayed. However, it had the worst internet connection I have ever had in a hotel. Too bad for someone staying there to have quick internet access and good wifi.

Room Tip: ask for a room looking at the square
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A lovely hotel that is very clean and modern. Staff were friendly (which is a particularly nice thing to have in Georgia) and the facilities, particularly the pool, are very nice. Breakfast had a great selection and variation throughout my stay. I stayed here for business and will definitely be returning. Good value hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in Holiday Inn on my Business Trip to Tbilisi. The hotel is quite new, clean, have spacious rooms, decent breakfast, very large swimming pool which I didn't have time to use. I was upgraded to an executive suit however the room was a smoking room so I preferred to stay in a small but non-smoking room. It was perfectly ok, no problem at all. I had connection problems to internet and called the reception, they quickly sent an IT person and he solved the problem. I needed things like iron, sleepers etc and they provided them in a few minutes after I called. the staff was friendly and overall I had a good stay. I was there for business so I can not comment on the location. We were picked up and dropped off to the hotel all the time however it is a small city and you won't spent much time on the transportation.
Overall I recommend this hotel!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Modern and comfortable Holiday Inn located conveniently near a subway station.

The rooms are well decorated, comfortable and clean. We had a king size bed with a wonderful view of the city.

The outdoor pool and spa facilities are very nice and I enjoyed taking in some sun.

There are many "outlet" stores around the hotel an some other decent shopping.

I did not have breakfast at the hotel however, Entree Cafe is just down the street. They serve great sandwiches and French pastries. Also some good gelato.

I would recommend a stay here. You can negotiate with taxis for a ride to the airport, we paid 20 lari.

• Stayed: September 2013