Holiday Inn Tbilisi
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$347
$335
All reviewsexecutive roompool barihg membermodern hotelbusiness tripold townexcellent breakfastcomfortable bedhotel restaurantfree wifiexcellent hotelthe hotel staffnon smokingmetro stationexcellent staycity viewnice view
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tbilisi for a week in July. Check in was relatively painless... The room was very clean, bed was comfy, and the views of the city were excellent. I stayed in two different rooms (11th and 16th floors) and I liked the latter better because it was overlooking the pool as well as the city itself. Breakfast was the thing in enjoyed most -- they offered a refreshing variety of things to choose from in addition to an omelette bar which I think was a great addition. The second thing I enjoyed the most were the showers that gave the room a tropical feel... As for the distance from the center, 10 minutes and 2 dollars later you can be in downtown Tbilisi sipping a champagne coolie on Rustaveli so take it easy and don't listen to whoever says it's far from the center!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the higher floors with a poolside view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank GMR83Z
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Holiday Inn is located away from the Old Town, but it is modern and near shopping. Although the room has nice touches with lighting, wallpaper, and other modern decor, the bowed wooden floor is a problem. Customer service at the Holiday Inn is very poor. No one answers the phone at the front desk, and there is no attempt to get additional copies of a map of the city when they have run out. Finally, the swimming pool requires cleaning, and the slimly sides and bottom of the pool are far from welcoming.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Traveldudeworldwide,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased you liked our convenient location, modern design of our hotel and rooms. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Please accept my sincerest apology if we fell below your expectations on this day. I am sorry for the condition of the pool and floor as well as hotel staff services you received. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I attended a seminar for three days in this hotel, where all participants were accommodated and the conferences were also held in the spacious meeting rooms. The price was, of course, fair considering that the organizers must have gotten a good price. But, if I had to pay the rack price, I would not have chosen this hotel due to its location, which is quite a distance from the city center. The single room I was allocated was spacious. Amenities such as free tea and coffee, bottled water, safe in the room, free wifi were present. However, no slippers and bathrobe. I did not bring these with me since I expected that it would be present in such a luxurious hotel. Otherwise, the bed is good and huge with plenty of pillows. Breakfast is substantial, with the waiters very eager to remove your plate even before you are done. Lunch was also served in the restaurant during the seminar as well as tea, coffee and cakes during breaks. Airport transfer is also arranged by the hotel at affordable prices. So, if you are planning a conference in Tbilisi, this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good hotel, nice decorated rooms although the bathroom is a bit small for this class of hotels. Breakfast is great with international food although luck the oriental local food. The service is very good. They also have nice pull but we did not use it.
We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed it very much

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good hotel, good beds, rooms are a good size and sound proof.
Breakfast was ok, not very extensive but the quality was good.
But the location of the hotel is outside the city center, which is a shame.
I would stay here as a business traveler for 1 night, but not longer than 1 night nor for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business