“Generally OK”

Ranked #6 of 131 Hotels in Tbilisi
Droitwich
“Generally OK”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A comfortable room above a very busy road, but no noise issues. A good sized, well equipped bathroom, however there seems to be a drains problem, because it stank. Overall the cleanliness was good, the air-con worked well and the breakfast was fine, although service does not start until 8 am.The fast, free wi-fi was excellent and easy to access. The staff are very helpful, friendly and very attentive. I only had one evening meal in the hotel which was very disappointing. Beef in red wine sauce with roasted potatoes, turned out to be burnt, tough steak on a plate stained with dried purple gunge (remains of the red wine, I guess), oven chips and a limp lettuce leaf. May be I was just unlucky and perhaps it's harsh to judge a restaurant on one meal.

Room Tip: The higher the better to help block the traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of River Side Tbilisi, I would like to thank you for your positive review. However, I am very sorry for any discomfort you might had in the evening at our restaurant. I have ordered our FB Manager to investigate what happened. At the same time, I would like to inform you from 10th of February, we hired new, famous Georgian chef, thus will offer vast and very delicious meals in the Georgian Restaurant as well as in our new Tiffany Bar Georgia (1st floor)

I am looking forward to meeting you on your next visit. Do not hesitate to contact you on dito@riverside.ge if any question or issue.

We are proud to be one of the best customer orientated hotels in Georgia preserving old Georgian traditions as well as introducing charming European culture.

Dimitri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My stay in Tbilisi and 'was also nice depending on the happy choice of staying at the "Riverside" Hotel.my room was amazing in top floor with wide balcony, we reserved 2 rooms , but the friendly reception staff upgrade our room to 2 suite. the location was very good.
I hope to see there again.

Room Tip: choose the room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Tbilisi.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed there for three nights. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to help me sort out a day tour within my budget. They have helped with calling a taxi and negotiating the fare many times. They have also helped me book a hotel in the next city I was going to, Batumi.
The room was perfect with a great view. The location is within a walking to distance to the main attraction. Actually, it is better to walk around than taking cabs. The city is beautiful and there is something to see at every corner.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the highest floor - the fifth.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Not_Easy_To_Please_7
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
On behalf of the team at the River Side Hotel we would like to thank you for staying at the hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel and are very grateful for your nice, positive comment. We are finalizing our update process and will provide even features and space.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Having been in several hotels in Tbilisi and many more in Georgia, I must say I wish we had known sooner about RiverSide Hotel. Simply the best because of so many reasons: charming welcome and attentive service, beautiful hotel (a classical Georgian old house utterly renewed to fulfil your expectations) and its room with excellent views (i recommend you should pick room number 402). Things to improve, perhaps its breakfast can improve a little by offering fresh fruit juices and a better omelette (it wasn't too good). As for the rest, nothing to complain and a lot to be grateful. Additional positive things of its location: it is located in front of a very popular Tbilisi restaurant, Old House, serving good Georgian food, as well as nearby the open market (an interesting market selling old and antiques daily); and also very close to Rustaveli Street -just some few minutes by foot-. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: 402 has excellent views, it is big and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheEmptyQuarter
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive comment. I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you again in River Side Tbilisi! "A home away from home"

Also, would like to inform you that from 14th of January, we open our newest bar on the first floor and from February will include fitness center as well.

Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I spent a week in the hotel with my 3 daughters, we took 2 rooms in the 4th&5th floors. The hotel is small and cosey it looks and feels like a " family Hotel". The rooms were very clean and I liked the sun ray coming from its windows, waking me up every morning. I'm a tea drinker and would have liked an electric kettle in the room though whenever I asked for boiled water it was there in few minutes. The staff were all very nice and helpful especially the 2 young ladies in the reception " Tina& Anna" they were very sweet. The breakfast buffet was delicious with a varriety and changing almost every day. The location of the hotel is very good close to most of city attactions, everything is within a walking distance but there is a problem of crossing the road! There isn't any traffic light or zebbra crossing nearby, you have to walk up to the dry bridge, to do that but still it was a nice walk in an amazing weather. We enjoyed our stay in the hotel and would deffinately go back there, again. special thanks to " Maya" the assitant manager.

Room Tip: 3rd& 4th floors have big nice balconies. There is no lift to the 5th floor. Maybe rooms in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are very glad that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you back in River Side

News: Tiffany bar Loyality cards coming soon!
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This little hotel in the heart of Tbilisi has been recently modernized and offers excellent value. The staff are friendly in a way you don't find in the chains and everything is clean. It's a short walk to Rustaveli Avenue and Freedom Square as well as to Old Tbilisi. The hotel is over the road from the flea market (that is if you can cross the road; otherwise walk round over the bridge). If you're very sensitive to noise the road could be a problem, but I slept well. Single rooms are available. Free wifi in the room. Good breakfast. If they had better pillows it would be perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jonathanlynn
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your positive comment and glad that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you again in RiverSide! "A home away from home"

We are currently adding new areas in River Side: Fitness center, Lounge bar and Sky bar!
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Alright, I arrived in Tokyo.
This time, I found a back road to exit to the Opera and Ballet Theatre.
I was able to pass safely and go towards the voice of children frolic.
After a long flight, there was muscle pain. But I spent comfortable.
Only, electric kettle wanted.
I had hospitality in a family way, especially this time.
Thank you very much. Sincerely.
Every day, you who gave me care about the physical condition.
Relief had spread that it opened the door of the hotel.
In the poverty of the Georgia economy, management of you is a ray of hope.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank koujimati31
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us again! We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you back in River Side Hotel soon.