“Very nice hotel with a very friendly staff”
Review of Hotel River Side

Hotel River Side
Ranked #6 of 124 Hotels in Tbilisi
“Very nice hotel with a very friendly staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I like it very much! Breakfast is homelike and very tasty! The room is clean and big enought!
But i don't like the most is a heavy traffic and it's very dangerous to walk across the streets because of the car high speed

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Eternal_by_me
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
On behalf of the team at the River Side Hotel we would like to thank you for staying at the hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel and are very grateful for your nice, positive feedback. We are finalizing our upgrade process and will provide even features and space.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the River Side on your next visit to Tbilisi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I spent 3 nights and just came back. First of all prices are really high when you look for luxury. Rooms are standard and need to be renewed. Staff are friendly and tried to help so much to us. Breakfast buffet was not bad. I can choose this hotel again just because of smiley receptionists.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank OnurCakar

I have passed on your positive comment to our team. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel. However, we are helding an upgrade of the building, and hope, when you return, you will be even more delighted with the services provided.

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Exactly a thousand metres from the old and new city so not for walkers like us,located on a heayly crowded main street of four llines and no traffıc lights or a safe passage to the 50 metres away riverside which is occupied by a restaurant,could see the two metres of river view from our 4th flat balcony two days later beneath the line of trees,wardrobe with no esay access,a huge armchair blocking my way to bed,big but somewhat uncomfortable room,rich continental breakfast,staff seemed friendly but at last minute they called a private pirate taxi whose driver didn't had change to give the lot for the fixed price by chance, we didn't accept and paid less to his surprise.....We .will never use or advise this hotel which seemed to be in the middle of nowhere especially during the night hours.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank COYDRCOY
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had during your stay at River Side Tbilisi Hotel. However, I would like to highlight that our Hotel is located at the very center of Tbilisi (including its old part), near to main Rustaveli avenue, within few meters to reach major places of interest. Moreover, all the rooms of the hotel is updated, modern and very clean in correspondence with our strict policy. I am glad that our staff was able to service you however, you experienced some issues with the taxi. Could you please, to provide some information directly to my email dito@riverside.ge in order to look into this problem quickly. I believe The Hotel does not have any direct connection with this issue.

However, I will notify our staff with the problems you provided. Contact directly me, in case you have any issue.

Sincerely
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Chose this hotel due to proximity to GIPA, and it's been lovely. The staff are very friendly and welcoming; were very helpful in arranging a driver from the airport when travel plans changed at the last minute. Provided a very nice fruit plate on the 4th night. Breakfast buffet has lots of choices; dinner menu has a good variety of options, including traditional Georgian dishes. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feelings and experience about your stay at River Side Tbilisi Hotel. We are proud to hear from you such nice comments about us.

We are looking forward to hosting you again at our beautiful hotel.
Stockholm
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice and clean hotel, with large rooms and free WiFi. Friendly and helpful staff good in English. Location is maybe not perfect but still reasonable close to everything. Don't miss the market across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tomarcStockholm
Dear Guest,

As a Manager of Hotel River Side Tbilisi , I would like to thank you for staying with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our Georgian hospitality . It is very delightful to hear such a nice comment about our River Side Hotel Tbilisi. It gives us even more motivation to be even better!

I am very grateful for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the River Side on your next visit to Tbilisi.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Clean. Comfortable bed. Enough space. Good bathroom. Great balcony.
Location 2 blocks from the central avenue. Cheap taxi ride to anywhere; this is not an issue.

Slight smell from drain in bathroom. Helped to cover with a towel.
Occasionally slightly noisy from construction (was on 3rd floor). Not really a problem, and not at normal sleeping hours.
Good price for western standards; not so much when compared to other prices in the country.
I would stay again though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank grigorios7
Dimitri S, Manager at Hotel River Side, responded to this review, September 13, 2012

I have passed on your nice comments to our team. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel. We are very grateful for your nice, positive feedback.

Nantong, China
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 nights based on Tripadvisor reviews. When the car pulled up to the hotel my heart sank. It looks run down and old. If I walked passed this hotel I would not consider staying in it. What a mistake that would be!
This hotel is wonderful! Dispite the construction they are doing to the roof area (I think adding a floor) the hotel is comfortable, warm and friendly.
There are only about 10-12 rooms in the hotel so you get personal attention. The hotel is located on a busy and noisy street, but you will forget about all of that once you are inside. The staff is so helpful and they are very efficient in following up with any request. The hotel offers free transportation one way to/from the airport which is about 25 driving minutes away. The hotel will provide transportation the otherway for 20 lira and they can charge it to your room.
I only had warm water in my room but after telling the front desk it was quickly fixed. Nice hot showers the rest of my stay!!
The rooms are very simple but extremely comfortable. They are a good size and have french doors that lead out to a nice porch balcony. I enjoyed it mostly in the evening because there was less street noise (you never hear the street traffic in your room with the doors closed). There is a desk area, DVD player and color television (no English channels expect news). There are big arm chairs in the room, which I could have fallen asleep in it was so comfortable. There is a minibar with a nice selection and is reasonably priced. Free wifi and complementary breakfast.
Breakfast was very nice. It was the same everyday but there was always plenty of food and you could order little extra items for a small price.
I had dinner in the restaurant (had the restaurant to myself). The food was AMAZING! The service was wonderful. I wanted to order a glass of wine with dinner, but they only served wine by the bottle. So, I was given a complementary glass of homemade wine. It was delicious. I doubt this is the norm, but I thought it was wonderful hospitality.
The only thing I didn't care for in the room were the pillows. They are large foam pillows and I just wish they had two sizes of pillows - but a minor issue. I slept very well anyway.
The location is very good. I like to walk everywhere. It took me about 20 minutes to get to any of the major sights, however, the hotel will help you with buses, cars, metro or tour information.
I really enjoyed this hotel and would certainly stay again if ever in Tblisi. Really a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Try the Old House Restaurant across the street - very nice traditional food.