“Friendly modern hotel in good locale”

Tbilisi Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 136 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Marriott in Tbilisi was a nice place to stay. I guess it helped that we were on the Executive floor with acces to the lounge - I don't know. The hotel staff were all friendly and eager to please. Everyone seemed to speak English - which is always a plus. The lounge staff were great.
The hotel is very centrally located and it is a short walk to shops, museums, transport and restaurants. Any requests were quickly dealt with. When we queried a charge to the mini-bar it was removed without argument. We asked for a specific time for the cleaners to come and that was also done.
If I had any complaint it was the pillows - but to be fair I didn't ask for them to be changed, so I feel I didn't give the chance for the hotel to correct this. The TV often froze - sometimes one channel - sometimes all. I don't know whether this was a fault at the hotel or is the providers but it was an annoyance.
Overall though - I liked this hotel and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently had the opportunity to stay at both Marriott's in Tbilisi Georgia. Tbilisi was our home-base and from there we flew to the neighboring countries. This entailed a lot of coordination and help since we did not want to travel with all our bags. I cannot thank enough the Staff at both Tbilisi Marriott and Marriott Courtyard for being so accommodating to our needs. From storing our extra bags, early check-ins to making sure our luggage was already in our room upon a late arrival. The City of Tbilisi is a safe, warm and inviting city.

Room Tip: Note the Marriott Courtyard has a pool but it is an indoor pool. As far as location they are conveni...
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is predominantly used by business travellers and does seem to meet the business needs adequately. The hotel is conveniently located in a quaint renovated structure and some of the fittings do not work as well as they should. The bed was too soft and lumpy for me and I could not sleep well during the two weeks that I was there.The service in the only restaurant is friendly and the breakfast offers interesting local alternatives, but we had meals at other times and their quality left much to be desired. Local Georgian food is amazing so eating out is highly recommended. The gymnasium is well equipped but there is no swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GDSK
GeorgeTogonidze, General Manager at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole staff let me express my gratitude for choosing Tbilisi Marriott Hotel. It is so nice to hear that you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay here. It is very unfortunate that you could not enjoy our bedding, but it is a standard throughout Marriott chain and our guests usually have a positive feedback about it. As for the swimming pool all of our guests are welcome to attend the swimming pool at another of our properties, Courtyard by Marriott Tbilisi, located about 300 meters from Tbilisi Marriott Hotel.

Hope to host you again during your next visit to Tbilisi in either of our hotels.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Excellent location in an old hotel that has been finely refurbished. Staff and reception quite friendly and accommodating. Rooms are large and comfortable with that most inviting Marriott bed. As a Marriott Rewards elite member, I had access to the executive lounge, wake up calls with coffee or tea, free show shines and free airport transfers in addition to free wifi. Even if you had the pay for wifi, the prices (10 GEL 24 Hours) are very reasonable compared to other Marriott properties. Clean and well kept. The om premise cafe serves very good food at a reasonable price, too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheMulv

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Marriott and choosing us to be your hosts in Tbilisi. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel. We strive to do our utmost to keep our guests as satisfied as possible, so your positive review is very important for our team.

Looking forward to hosting you again, during your next visit to Tbilisi,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had the pleasure of being accommodated in this downtown hotel and experienced a very satisfying week-stay. Check-In and Check-Out was efficient and friendly, the room spacious and silent. Very good from my perspective the breakfast that offers a great variety of products and great quality - only slightly irritating fact that the open space of the restaurant is partly divided into "smoking" and "non-smoking" ...
Could not make it to the Fitness and Spa, so cannot tell you anything about that.

All in all a very good accommodation in Tbilisi, for sure on the more expensive side compared to competing venues in town.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole team at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel, let me thank you for such a positive feedback about our hotel. Your kind words will act as an additional motivation for our staff, as guest satisfaction is what we value the most at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel.

Hope to host you again in the nearest future,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was surprised to see staff so friendly and efficient. If you contact concierge to book a hotel car to pick you up at the airport, they will do it free of charge for every guest. I was upgraded to a junior suite and the room was very comfortable, large bathroom with bath tub and separate shower, really good (I was in room 310). The gym on the third floor (discrete access without going through the lobby) is well equipped and open 24 hours a day. Room service is also good and so is the restaurant (I suggest you try their spagethi with seafood). If I happen to visit Tbilisi again I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeTogonidze, General Manager at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole team of Tbilisi Marriott Hotel I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to deliver excellent service to our guests to make their stay at Tbilisi Marriott as pleasant and enjoyable as possible, and your kind words will act as additional stimulus for our staff members.

Hope to host you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stay at this hotel about once a year and are always greeted with smiles and a 'Welcome back'. A surprising number of faces are familiar. We feel like we have come home. However, knowing the charm of the Georgians this may be true of a great many hotels in Tbilisi.

The Tbilisi Marriott is very comfortable, the location is great, the breakfast is very good, the executive lounge is excellent, the exercise room is a good size with nice equipment and has lots of windows with nice views. The rooms are very quiet.

There are a few things I wish were different. I wish I could open a window. I wish the drapes weren't so heavy and placed in such a way that they block out a lot of the light during the day. I wish the decor were lighter and brighter. I wish there were an electric kettle in the room.

Despite my peeves I will always be happy to come "home" to a beautiful city with its charming inhabitants.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KerryBorn

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole staff at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel let me express my deepest gratitude for being a loyal guest of our hotel. We will always do our utmost to make your stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, as guest satisfaction is our key priority at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel.

As for your suggestions, there is not much we can change about the décor of the hotel as it was specifically designed to reflect the hundred year history of the building, which we are very proud of. As for the windows, they can not be opened to ensure the safety of our guests. As for the rest of your suggestions, we will make sure to take them into account, as your opinion is what we value the most.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the nearest future.