“Poor customer service”

Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I arrived in the evening, there was only one person at reception and I had to wait about twenty minutes to be checked in because there were many people in front of me. When I made my reservation, I asked for a room on a high floor, away from the elevator, facing the Old Town and with a queen size bed. I was given my key and went up to my room and my room was right next to the elevator so I went back down and asked to change and then I was given a room that was not properly cleaned so I called reception again and they sent someone up to show me another room. That room had recently had its carpet cleaned and the smell of the carpet cleaner was overpowering, so I asked to see another room. That room had some very visible dust on the desk but the bellboy said that it was dust from the air conditioner. At that point, I was tired so I decided to take the room although it did not have a view of the old city and two twin beds had been pushed together to make a queen size bed so that there was a very visible lump in the middle.

When leaving I asked for help in going to the next city and how to get there and the woman at reception said she thought maybe I needed to go to such and such place, and I had to ask her to please call someone to confirm where I need to go. After calling someone it turned out that the initial place she told me was wrong, so I am glad I asked her to call someone else. But hotel staff should already know to call someone if they are not certain something important such as which is the correct bus station, etc. She also asked me to wait so she could send someone to check whether I had taken anything from the minibar. I said that at most hotels they just ask if I had taken anything not made me wait while they have someone check. Then she then said ok and asked me and I said no I didn't take anything. I took a hotel taxi to the bus station but the hotel taxi driver took the long way and it cost me as much to get to the bus station as it did to get to the airport. Furthermore, the hotel taxi driver did not seem very honest because he did not want to give me my change and it wasn't until I started arguing with him in Russian that he gave it to me. One of the reasons for taking a hotel taxi which would be more expensive than a regular taxi is that they should be honest and not try to rip customers off.

Room Tip: The hotel taxi drivers are not honest and try to rip customers off.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank happytrails31
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team at Radisson Blu Iveria hotel we would like to thank you for staying at the hotel.
I would like to sincere apologies for the inconvenience regarding our service with did not meet your expectation.

Detailed comments such as yours give us the opportunity to constantly fine tune our operation and take the necessary steps to ensure that our guest service experience is consistently high and that areas of weakness are addressed and rectified without delay.

Please contact me personally at any time if there is anything ever that I can assist you with.

Looking forward to see you back to our hotel and you will see the difference.

Best Regards,
Michael Jacobi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you can (it is pricy) , stay at this hotel in downtown of Tbilisi and visit their amazing spa on the top floor. The pool, sauna and all facilities, including bar are amazing - you can relax there enjoying wonderfull views over the city and mountains. I like it especially after the sunset - with all Tbilisi shining around you. If you stay on top floors, you have similar views from your room windows

Room Tip: Top floors - for excellent views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment On behalf of Radisson Blu Iveria hotel staff, we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tbilisi.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was absolutely fantastic from top to bottom. Not only was reception helpful, friendly, and informative upon arrival, they provided us with top rate service throughout our stay. When we realized we were without a cork screw for the bottle of wine we purchased that day, a very friendly worker was kind enough to bring one to our room with wine glasses and open our bottle of wine for us. The room was amazing and had a phenomenal view of the city. It was very clean and had more than enough space for two people. There was even a lounge area in the standard room.
The pool and spa area were included in the price and well worth it. The steam room and sauna were scented with essential oils and left us feeling refreshed, relaxed, and very cleansed! The pool facilities were unreal- just look at the pictures. Service in the pool area was again, fantastic.
The breakfast that was included in the room rate was the best hotel breakfast we've ever had. There was a station to have omelettes and eggs cooked to order, breakfast meat, fruit, salad, juice, baked goods, yogurt, etc. You will not go hungry!
I highly recommend this hotel, and have nothing negative to say about it. It was the perfect weekend retreat!

Room Tip: Higher floors have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelJacobi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Julia,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Iveria hotel.

We would like to thanks you for such a positive feedback. Your nice comments about our hotel and staff add an extra spark of motivation to our performance as one of the world's leading chain.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel on your next visit to Tbilisi.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed for a business trip for a week in this hotel. The rooms were comfortable and had nice view. The Gym has an excellent view overseing the city, river and mountains. The food available had limited options for a vegetarian like me though breakfast had enough options. The facilities overall were very good and the staff was very cooperative.

I would certainly recommend the hotel to travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, we would like to thank you for the excellent feedback.

We are proud to hear that we managed to make your stay comfortable and unforgettable.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 4, 2013

A very good hotel with excellent rooms and dining. Central Location. Rooms have a good view of the city. Has a casino attached for those who wish to gamble this is a great location. Reception is very helpful for any queries and shopping is next door on the main street of Tbilisi.

Room Tip: Higher the floor better the View!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we would like to thank you for your feedback.

Hopefully we will be your choice again when you return to Tbilisi.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I live in Tbilisi and I can confirm that this is the best hotel. We are members at the Anne Semonin Spa and fitness center and Nico and his team deliver a world class service. Pool is on the top floor with a great sauna and steam room.

The Oxygen Bar on the 18th floor has amazing views and great food (club sandwich is great).

Staff is great and all my foreign clients and guests are happy with the rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room with river view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicola M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for preferring Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Spa facilities and the hotel overall. .

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to our beautiful Hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2013

A nice Spa and bar overlooking Tblisi, room with very nice bathroom and good breakfast. Good location in the middle of the main street in Tblisi and overlooking the city. Wifi working really well which is not always the case. Really god business option or for a luxurios familj stay. Tblisi also a positive surprise. Good Communications with Metro 200 m always from hotel and most things within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jens M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for preferring Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your business and extremely positive feedback. We hope to see you again when you are back in Sunny Tbilisi!

Best Regards