“Good sound international hotel”

Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi
Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Excellent stay. Clean rooms and suprisingly quiet. I attended a conference so the food was somewhat institutional, but good nevertheless. Breakfast food and service excellent, as was the front of house.
No hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for preferring Radisson Blu Iveria in Tbilisi. We are looking forward welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed here for three nights in a business class room.
Hotel is relatively new, very modern, and well maintained.
Business class rooms have great views and are large with nice workspace. A solid building makes the rooms very quiet.
Along with a couple of pleasant bars, the hotel restaurant has food service and reasonable food.
Location is downtown within a ten minute walk of museum, government buildings, and shopping.
Staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. All are fluent in English for those of us who haven't yet mastered German.

• Stayed: September 2011
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

On behalf of the team at the Radisson BLU Iveria Hotel we would like to thank you for staying at the hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our Georgian hospitality .

We are very grateful for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Iveria on your next visit to Tbilisi.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

This was the best Radisson Hotel where we had been.The Hotel is from soviet times but seems very modern from outside and inside, agreeable and simple decoration.The room was nice, spacious, good king size bed, bathroom complete with shower and bath separated, nice dinning room with a very nice view where we had the excellent breakfast. We didn't try the other meals in the hotel. Good free Internet wifi in the rooms. The service in general very good, excellent reception. The location could be better once was a good walk to and from the old town. There are other hotels with better location like the two Marriott but seems the customers were not so happy. So we recommend the Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elica49
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff let me thank you for staying at Radisson BLU Iveria Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see back again soon. All your nice comments are additional motivation for all of us keep the same quality and provide even better service.

We are looking forward to seeing you back in sunny Tbilisi.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Absolutely a fabulous experience - would have loved this hotel no matter where it was located, but it showcases Tbilisi very well. The room was marvelously appointed, crisp and clean and modern, and had the most amazing view of the entire river valley and much of the city. Imagine sitting in the tub, sipping a tarragon lemonade, gazing out over green hills, rushing water, a mix of ancient, historic, and modern buildings, big blue sky - you can do that! The beds were incredibly comfortable and built on the American soft model rather than the European firm variation. The upper-floor bar overlooking both the pool and the entire city, in a 360 degree view, was one of the most glamorous spaces I've been in, anywhere (and I've been a lot of places). We didn't want to leave. Also - service was impeccable and incredibly friendly. Our large group needed a space for a gathering one night, and they gave me three fellows who completely rearranged all the furniture in one of their bar spaces to accommodate us, no grumbling or hesitating - in fact, when I was being tenative about asking them to do something, they said directly, "Tell us what you want! Don't be shy! Let us do it for you." Refused all our offers of tips for going above and beyond.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zumosa
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write about our property.
I have passed on your comments to our team and they are delighted with your appreciation of the hotel and service provided. Our goal remains to meet and exceed customer expectation and I am delighted we were able to do that for you on this occasion. Yes I Can!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

A very good hotel from Radisson. There are only four 4-5 star hotels in Tbilisi, and the Radisson is both the newest and the best. Rooms are spacious with a very clean Euro design. The gym is a bit small, but has a tremendous view through floor to ceiling windows on the top floor. Service was very good, but a little light on the help from the concierge. I felt they could have offered a bit more assistance, but there is nothing I can fault. Tbilisi is a wonderful city, and by far the most attractive of the former soviet cities I have been to. Even though it is technically a 4 star, it is every bit as good as most of the five stars I have been to, and at a more reasonable price. I found the Business class room to be worth the upgrade with free internet and movies. as well a corner rooms.

Room Tip: Business Class is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank atehec
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your nice comments & business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to sunny Tbilisi!

Atakan Turhan,

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed for 8 nights in the hotel and I was very pleased with the time I passed there.
The rooms were spatious and clean with a very modern outlook. Reception and restaurant staff were really helpful and polite. I defenitely recommend this hotel to all business travelers as well as to tourists that have a high vacation budget

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tankard13
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very nice comments about your experience in the Radisson Blu Iveria.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson Blu Iveria -- it's brand new, immaculately clean and very chic. The location is great, right by the main street and easy walking distance to the metro and bus stops. My room was huge and quite comfortable, and I was especially pleased by the big tub with jacuzzi jets. I had a very nice meal in the ground floor cafe and a wonderful time drinking Georgian wine in the top floor bar which has fantastic views. The friendly bartender was great at recommending good local wines as well as telling me his incredible stories from the war with Russia. There is also a bar on the gound floor, but it was entirely empty and decorated with tacky '80's-esque paintings of women on the walls.

My biggest problem with the hotel actually occurred after I checked out. Even though I had explained to them that I'd used Expedia to book the hotel and they assured me that they understood how that worked and that I wouldn't be double charged, lo and behold I was charged twice for the room. Calling the hotel only resulted in a very expensive phone call abroad to someone who didn't speak very fluent English and had no idea how to help me. I got Expedia to deal with them, and only after 2 months did I get the overcharge refunded.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Marywhotravels
RadissonTbilisi, General Manager at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team at the Radisson BLU Iveria Hotel we would like to thank you for staying at the hotel. We are very pleased that your bedroom was comfortable and that you enjoyed our Georgian hospitality at Oxygen Bar on the 18th floor.

I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had after check out, when you were charged twice for the bedroom. We had assured you that we would handle the payment and we failed to do so.

Together with our Front Desk team I have reviewed our Guest Billing procedures, in light of your feedback, and we have put additional procedures in place to ensure that such billing errors don’t arise in the future.

We are very grateful for your feedback, in our quest to exceed all our customer expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Iveria on your next visit to Tbilisi.