Hotel City
$154
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Armazi Palace(Tbilisi)(Great Value!)
$64
$45
$103
$26
Light House - Old City(Tbilisi)(Great Value!)
$62
Travelocity
Irmeni Hotel(Tbilisi)
$66
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfreedom squaresmall hotelold townbest featurecentral squareexcellent locationhotel staff isstayed for nightsspeak good englishnice terracemariannageorgiareceptionistgeorgehill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My room reeked of smoke when I checked in and took a day to clear. I had to ask for air freshener to deal with it myself since they claimed no other rooms are available.

When I asked about airport transportation, the receptionist tried to push their airport transfer which is GEL20 more expensive than a taxi

My sheets were not changed for the 4 nights I was there.And when I got back to my room at 3pm one day, the room was still not cleaned

When I checked out at 430am to go to the airport, the credit card machine took 15 minutes to work.

Breakfast is nothing great.

Despite the above, it is a pleasant, well located and clean hotel. Hotels in Tbilisi is expensive, and this one is of relatively good value.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tramp1969
Reviewed August 24, 2012

You can not expect huge luxury in this city but if you want a clean hotel, with quiet personal near the business area and in the heart of the city take this hotel.

Staff is very friendly and the old city is around you.

There is an small cute church just in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MStravelle
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Spent 3nights here in August. Location is great. Can walk to all the interesting attractions in the old town which I think is best part of Tbilisi. Staff are young but very helpful. Room was smallish but as you tend to not spend too much time in them during the day is fine. Wifi was fast at least in room 10. Buffet breakfast was adequate considering the price and class of hotel. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Syd M
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We spent 3 nights in Hotel City in Tbilisi and liked it! The hotel is i good location old town, so you can visit the sulphur baths, restaurants streets, Rustaveli Ave, cable car to fortress etc. easily by walking (there are quite a lot beggar children on the streets that can be very persistant!). Near the hotel you can still see the real old tbilisi and also how the city is fast changing with massive restructuring of new-old houses.

The staff in hotel is very nice and friendly, rooms nice and clean (remember that in Georgia almost everyone smoke so the chances that you get a room where has been smoked before are big). The only thing I could complain was that when I ordered a bottle of white wine it was warm and not chilled. Otherwise than that I can easily recommend the hotel and will most likely visit again if I come to Tbilisi.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We spent a week in this beautiful city and lovely hotel. Occupying the suite on the top floor with the ambient balcony facing the church, we enjoyed it a lot. Very good location, although the neighbourhood is quite run-down.... now. The city is changing.

The staff was very professional and helpful, keeping a dignified distance.

Our room was very elegant and clean. Very modern and classical at the same time. Cleaning was very efficient.

Breakfast was included, and the local lady who runs the buffet really tries hard, and she is helpful and friendly. But the food and coffee is bland, The bread is stale and horrible, not worthy of a boutique hotel. Bread is great in Georgia, but did not arrive until 9.30, when breakfast was almost over! Grrr!

This is an expensive hotel. Prices in Georgia are very low, This is a newly renovated hotel, but you will pay premium prices.

We loved it all, but i've had better value for the same amount of money....We would probably stay here again, though!

Room Tip: We absolutely loved the suite with the balcony.....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple