Review Highlights
The Trip of A Lifetime ... Flat Out Excellent Private Tour

My husband and I worked with John Graham to schedule a private tour of the Tusheti and Khevsureti... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
StThecla
5 reasons John Graham Tours should lead your group through Georgia

John Graham led our large choral group through Tbilisi, Kutaisi, and Kazbeghi over 9 days but... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
tofumidget
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews folk songs winning smile comfortable hotels encyclopedic knowledge ancient sites alpine meadows personalized tour orthodox christian west georgia fellow travelers food and wine georgian music toast an amazing experience take pictures beautiful country georgian history
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I recently spent two weeks hiking in the Svaneti and Kuzbegi regions of Georgia, as part of a 12 person tour led by John and two other guides, Paul and Dato. This tour exceeded my expectations in every respect. As with all small group tours, the quality of the guides is what makes or breaks a tour. I have been on other group tours with excellent guides, but what distinguishes John's tours from others is that John does more than just lead the tour. He is master planner and organiser, hiker, singer, translator, driver and font of knowledge about all things Georgian. This is all accomplished in a relaxed and calm way, so that guests feel comfortable and at ease at all times. John's superb organisational skills mean that there are many personalised touches. I particularly enjoyed the impromptu singing performances by Dato and John, the wonderful sense of camaraderie which developed in our group from day 1, and the sumptuous feasts which we enjoyed every evening. And of course the hikes which were truly beautiful, the scenery stunning. Would I do this tour again? You bet!

Date of experience: September 2018
3  Thank roevans
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Having just returned from a tour of the Mt. Kazbegi area as well as tracing ancient Christianity in the Caucasus, I highly recommend this trip. Not only churches and monasteries but also perspectives of the highly complex political history of this part of the world are provided by John Graham.
In addition winery visits, museums and of course, chanting as conducted throughout the visit make this an unforgetable experience. For me as an art historian this area offers so much that deserves more attention in college courses and media coverage.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

John Graham Tours are the BEST! I just returned from "Ancient Christianity in the Caucasus" and really enjoyed it. About 20 people visited significant ancient churches in eastern Georgia and Armenia. Our experience was heightened by local singers who accompanied us and put the accoustics of the old churches to inspiring use. John has a thorough knowledge of the Caucasus region. He chooses interesting sites, comfortable hotels, and great restaurants. His commentaries on history, culture, politics, and music are fascinating. Though it was a large group, John paid personal attention to all and went the extra mile attending to individual requests. He fostered a real spirit of commaraderie among his "guests," as he called us. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1  Thank peripatetic845
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I just returned from a two-week tour of Georgia and Armenia that was fabulous. Led by an American with a PhD from Princeton, it is a wonderful introduction to a beautiful region filled with incredible beauty and determibed people who value family and faith. If you want an amazing experience that will inspire your mind and heart check out John Graham Tours. You will not be disappointed!