Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

from $157.53
from $28.34
from $238.00
More Info
All reviews wine tour amazing things day tour beautiful country safe driver excellent tour vardzia racha factories kingdom knowledge culture georgia company tours guide art
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Definitely a very worthy investment. I was very happy to have been advised by Zurab (the guide) to wake up early for the sunrise.
Im not an early riser in general so it was not easy but it was totally worth it.
The drive is friendly and you will reach in maximum 2 hours to the location.
Everything was a surprise for me, I think I should have asked Zurab more questions before because the trip requires a lot of hiking uphill and walking and I wasn't prepared for it. I advise you to wear very comfortable shoes and clothes.
Regardless of the fact that I was not in a good shape at all, and it was very difficult for me to hike, especially the first 20 minutes... I can say I was super happy i did it. The views from the top cant be compared with anything. Totally beautiful, peaceful.
The idea of going early for the sunrise view was great, but also because we were literally the only 3 people in the entire mountain. It was amazing. One of the best experiences ever.
On another note, Zurab is fantastic. Very knowledgeable, passionate about history and his country and also very caring and attentive. The hike had parts that could be considered a little dangerous and he made me feel very safe and looked after. I found that SUPER! Zurab came with Jaba who was driving us. And he was no short of amazing either, he was very caring and helpful especially on the difficult parts of the hike.
Once you reach the top the hike becomes very friendly and Zurab will take you to see the caves and paintings which is really something espectacular, especially because the stories he will share about them are very interesting.
The views over Azerbajan are incredible too...
This trip is a must, and going with Zurab is a must too... im sure he is not like any other guide... he will make sure to make you feel like a VIP and he will prepare everyting especially for you... he is a great photographer too so you will come back with unique pictures!!
Dont let the hike scare you.... its worth it!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

1 day tour to Gudauri (basic package)

We were picked up right on time from our AirBNB by Teona and Goga. Both Teona and Goga greeted us with such warmth and friendliness that set the tone for the whole trip. We then drove out to Jvari Monestary, a 6th Century Church, untouched by centuries of civil turmoil. We happened to enter when there was a Sunday service on. The church was lit by candlelight and the voices of 3 Georgian woman singing the homily. It was one the most moving and magical experiences we have ever had.

From there we headed out to Gudauri, stopping for a coffee and to admire the view of the dam.

We arrived at Gudauri after a beautiful drive through the snow-covered mountains. Once there, Teona and Goga arranged ski instructors and ski equipment for us. We hit the slopes for an hour and it was superb! We are certainly feeling it in our muscles today! Instructor Lashi is kind and helpful.

We then enjoyed a beer and Chacha (Georgian liquer) at one of the bars at the resort, while watching the Paragliders circling overhead. The vibe of a busy and happy ski resort was just as we expected.

After that we went to a local restaurant where we were shown how to make khinkali. We ate such delicious food (there is an art to both making and eating khinkali) and of course more beer.

Throughout the trip, the energy and enthusiasm of our guide Teona and driver Goga certainly added to the whole experience. Teona is so warm, kind and full of knowledge. We never felt like we were pressured for time. And Goga's music taste was super too! He is a skilled and masterful driving. We felt safe throughout the journey.

The entire experience will be remembered forever.

Teona and Goga make a great team who work so well together, combining their individual expertise to create the ideal tour team. They are incredible people and we feel we have made 2 new friends for life.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

We found this on ToursByLocals. Overall the trip was satisfactory, as it delivered more than what it had promised. Although we were running out of time at our last two stops, we did go over the entire route as planned, which includes Lake Paravani, Khertvisi Fortress and Rabati Castle. Our guide Zurab is quite knowledgable about the history and culture of Georgia. When we asked some follow up questions about the attractions, he didn’t just give us brief answers, but valuable insights with sounding evidence. If you’re curious about the restoration projects and why there’s a sense of incoherence in Rabati Castle, you’ve come to the right person. It’s something that you wouldn’t know unless you have a real passion in this and have spent years researching on this.

The trip is so well arranged that we truly enjoyed every moment. A (BTW, we felt comfortable along the ride, which obviously also added up to the experience.) All respect for Zurab, an excellent tour guide! Many thanks again and I recommend Zurab to anyone who would like to explore Georgia

Reviewed March 16, 2019

Solo tour, I was extremely well looked after and we managed to cover quite a lot of places. The guide, Nikita, was very knowledgeable about the places, people, the history and everything I asked him, and was very kind and polite. We managed to cover quite a lot in the short time we had but it didn't mean we missed out on anything, and indeed there are some amazing things to be found in these countries, and even though they are so close, they are so different. Even in both Georgia and Armenia themselves, the scenery and culture was so diverse. I am very glad to have chosen this company and visited these places!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019

We took two wine-tasting-tour with "Taste of Georgia" in the end of October, one from Tbilisi to Kakheti, and the other one in the area of Shida Kartli and I have to say it was truly amazing. Amazing places, amazing wines, amazing food, amazing guide, amazing landscapes (!!).

For both of the tours our guide was Zura and we arranged on two customized wine day trips. He organized the transfer from Tbilisi with a modern and very comfortable bus and a super safe driver.

The trip to Shida Kartli was with friends and we visited 2 different wineries, very authentic ones, tasted Iago's wines and other mostly homemade and truly georgian wines. Zura is a true expert when it comes to georgian wines and so he gave us a very good introduction and explanation in the georgian wine tradition. He is very professional, but still he always remains with a good sense of humour and entertainment, so we also had a lot of fun during our trip. We got to taste traditional georgian food, which is more than delicious.

We took our second trip with my family and had a custom wine tour in the famous Kakheti Area. Again it was amazing! We went to 3 different small and very authentic wineries, had amazing wine and amazing food (probably the best Khachapuri I ate in Georgia I ate in the Winery in Sighnaghi he took us).

Go for it, either with friends or family, it doesn't matter, we always had an amazing experience!

Thanks Taste of Georgia, fabulous work!!
#tasteofgeorgia