“Amazing food and wine!”
Review of Shemoikhede Genatsvale - CLOSED

Shemoikhede Genatsvale
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Amazing food and wine!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I always eat there. It is a must when i visit Tbilisi - i always enjoy their wine and their porc meals!

• Turkish first
Antigua, Guatemala
“Follow the locals”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I always try to eat where locals eat when I travel and this is the case here. It's good local food at reasonable prices. Service can be sometimes patchy and slow but staff is generally friendly and will try to help you if you don't speak Georgian, as is my case. Will go there again for sure. The branch in Leselidze in the old town is my favorite.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Where locals take people they really like.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you want excellent Georgian food and not just a restaurant meant to impress visitors, then this is the place. The one on the north side of the river is newer, bigger and I thought nicer, but all offer great food and excellent value. The one near Freedom Square is very popular and a bit smaller and the one in Batumi was also good, although inside the smell wasn't so pleasant, so we sat outside. Try the various kinds of khinkali (tip: always order khinkali in 5s!) and the corn bread is great. Of course cheese, xachipuri, pkhali and salads of all kinds and a carafe of Georgian wine.

• Visited September 2012
Paris
“No service at all”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Do not go there alone! They let me stand by the bar with a beer more than half an hour before giving me the worst table in front of the entrance. Other guests got their table before me even if they have arrived after me. Nobody is giving me the menu or ask if I want something. Finally I am able to order. The food is just OK, not more. When it is time to pay, I have to fight the waiter for some sauce I odered but never got. I did not want to pay the 10 % service charge, because I dis not get any service.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Juhani S
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice place. Know what to order and you'll have a fantastic experience.”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This place is great. It's one of the restaurants of the GMC group. It is very inexpensive and has delicious food. Try the various Khinkali. I love the ones with mushrooms or meat. The khatchapuri is also very well prepared. I also always get a "georgian" salad on the side. Just delicious. I'm not a super big fan of the mains, but after the appetizers there's little place left. My favorite thing is the very low price of good wine. You can have a whole bottle of good saperavi and it won't dent your pocket.

• Visited September 2011