Orchid Hotel City Hall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$261
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$383
$112
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$155
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$123
$114
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
$242
$184
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$63
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
$97
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$35
$31
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our room was clean and the cap drivers had no problems locating it. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, so that we were more than happy with our stay. For the next stopp over we will book it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Think back or read up about the 1930s which was the last time they upgraded this hotel the bathroom was like a David Attenborough natural wildlife film, sit there for a minute and something new will turn up. The staff as usual were very friendly like all hotels in Burma but sadly the hotel was vastly over priced and we will not be staying there again. The pictures on booking. Com have been let me say photoshopped

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Uptosomething1
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here on two separate occasions during my short holiday to Myanmar and was more than happy with my stay.

Yes - it is a solid 2 [or maybe 2.5] star hotel and the furnishings reflect that standard. However the staff were incredibly polite and helpful, the room was adequate and clean and the en-suite was also good. My group of four [my wife and my parents-in-law] were also grateful for the included buffet breakfast each morning downstairs in the main restaurant.

All in all I would go back again and would recommend it to my fellow travellers. Paid $60US a night per room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had already booked and paid for three nights at the Orchid Hotel City Hall before I read the terrible reviews this hotel has received online. With a full refund not possible (and most accommodation in Yangon booked up or way out of my price range anyway) we decided to suck it up and hope for the best.

Our room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the service was always with a smile. The common areas are tired and in dire need of a revamp. I saw no signs of the bugs/roaches that others had reported. The breakfast was average, but the hotel is located next to the 999 Shan Noodle House for those inclined.

This hotel is by no means The Ritz, but at US$65/night you get what you pay for in Myanmar's tight accommodation market.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meishymoo
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed my first 4 days in Yangon to plan my Myanmar trip and then one night to catch a plane the next. They stored a piece of luggage for me and no problems locating it. Also, my personal reservation was honored despite a full house and no deposit. Got a nicer room in fact.

Although the hotel has seen better days, the rooms are clean (some old dust in corners though) and the staff very friendly. Staff are not informed of details of common tourist sites and certainly not special local spots. But you get all that on TripAdvisor anyway.

I liked the nearby street hawker food - tasty and cheap. The staff sends everyone to 999 for Shan noodles. 3x the price and the same as local hawkers. Also a donut shop + french pastry shop + foreigners beer hangout.

Centrally located to colonial downtown, lively street life of Chinatown, ScheDagon, parks, National Museum, etc. comp breakfast is OK - Asian & western choices. Coffee is strong. About 30-45 minutes to airport. At $US 60 a night, an OK deal in Yangon.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Front facing rooms have a balcony. Some lower floor inside rooms have no windows.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo