Panorama Hotel
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$173
$57
$52
  • Breakfast included
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$143
$112
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$260
Agoda.com
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$63
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$160
$139
Agoda.com
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$74
Sky View Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$44
Hotel Yankin(Yangon (Rangoon))(Great Value!)
$39
$35
$86
$72
Agoda.com
All reviewsruby martbudget typeindian stylemary's cathedralworking acfree wifi in the roomsule pagodahotel is centrally locatedmoney changingbathroom doortrain stationpleasant hotelchinese foodhousekeeping stafffour nightswalking distancecomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed our first night in Myanmar - and we really appreciated that the hotel made our rooms available from early morning (we checked in at about 8-9 am). Another positive was working (and free) wifi - in a country where western cellphones still don't work, this is the only way to get to communicate with the rest of the world from Myanmar.
Hotel itself is quite big, our group was dispersed throughout different floors and the general conclusion seemed to be that the higher the better - I myself was on 2nd floor with a horrific view to some sort of a yard - ended up not even opening the shades as a result thereof.
Otherwise, rooms were clean, A/C worked, drinking water provided and even refilled. Breakfast was nothing special - however there was some very nice fresh fruit.
Just to note that there is a very well stocked grocery store just around the corner from the hotel (right side when you leave) - this proved to be our popular source of Myanmar - the local beer of choice :)

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KachkaUmich
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was the only good hotel available to us during our trip to Myanmar last year. Most of the hotels were fully booked and we were offered Panorama instead. We requested to stay at 8th and 9th floor. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was so-so, not so much choices. Overall a good stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kakku2012
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour arranged by a local agency as well. This is a budget hotel, so that is fine if this is what you are expecting. The staff was nice (they gave us breakfast boxes when we left very early) and it was relatively clean, but the food at the restaurant was not good, the free breakfast is not really worth it, and there was absolutely no water pressure in the shower. It is not a comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guizzi123
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The local travel company who arranged for my tour could not book me at the other hotel that I wanted to stay at. But they could book me at this hotel. I spent two nights. The very first night in Maynmar and the very last night in Myanmar.

I do not know the room rate that my travel agency had negotiated with this hotel but I could say that it is not expensive.

It takes approximately 30 minutes to and from the airport. And less than 10 minutes to Shwe Dagon Pagoda. And a short walk to down town market area. Although I did not go to the market area.

The reception, the bell boys and the other staff members were welcoming. The check-in was quick and hassel free. In fact when I returned after 7 days for my last night they had my passport info from the first night stay and did not ask for the passport. The reception desk exchanges the currency both ways at good rates without the fuss of requiring the crisp new bills.

My single room was on the fifth floor and it was facing the back of the hotel. I did not hear any street noise. The room was spacious and well furnished. The bathroom was clean and had all the necessary toiletries. The bed and linens were also good. The A/C in the room worked well. A small TV had international channels. Teak wood closet and furniture were in good condition.The hotel does have an elevator.

Since the site seeing consumed most of my day time, I opted to have dinner at the hotel. The menu had items from Chinese, Indian. local and wetsern cuisines. The overall food was good and moderately priced. The beer was served cold and was refreshing.

Since I had to catch early morning flights, I did not have breakfast at the hotel but they did provide me with a box containing two boiled eggs, banana, bread etc. They could definitely improve up on this package though. This is the only negative comment I have for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor and away from the front street to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Midcap
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here as part of a locally arranged tour. Rooms were clean and functional and toilets were clean with basic amenities such as toothbrushes. What was somewhat annoying was the constant noise as we were assigned a room right next to the main road / highway and the constant honking of car horns and traffic is never ending.

• Stayed: March 2013