“Nice place!”

Humble Footprints Hotel / Hostel
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Me and a few friends stayed in Yangon for a weekend and lived here. I accidentally made the booking for the wrong date and realised it in the last minute. I sent them an email and they were very helpful to change the date.
We were four people and stayed in a room with exactly 4 beds. The big lockers were very good and so was the big breakfast. They had wifi on every floor and computers you could use in the lobby. The personell are very friendly and helpful, even helped us bargin a price with the taxi driver to take us to Golden Rock. They had a nice selection of books you could read too.
The bed was really nice and big. Air con in the rooms and very clean. The only thing that bothered me was that our room was on the 5th floor and sometimes the water flow rate was very low and sometimes the water just stopped running.
The place around was not the nicest neighbourhood but that didn't really matter for us. It was quite close to the city and the taxi was cheap.

Room Tip: They have rooms in with 6-8 bed too and thats a bit cheaper.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jackyftw_
Jarvis T, General Manager at Humble Footprints Hotel / Hostel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Jacky

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are sorry that the flow rate of water is not very strong on level 5 but please be rest assured that we have looked into this matter and will consider upgrading our water pump system to provide a better water flow rate for the higher levels.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you in our hotel again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was my first time staying in a hostel. Maybe I might be pampered by hotel experiences but my overall experience would be satisfactory. I booked for a night through Agoda. If you want a secure arrival to the location, they would pick you up at the airport at US$15.

I chose the 6-bed room. I got the top bunk (apologies to the lady below whom might have seen me give myself a wedgie climbing down in the middle of the night on 19 March).

Clean bed, clean toilet even though a little icky but workable. The facility that won me over was the warm shower. Had a locker to store my stuff. I read that towel was not provided but they now rented it. I didn't ask and was not told about it. I just brought my own. Oh! They had good WI-FI and also computers in the lobby.

I woke up a lot during the night, either someone heading to the loo or the bunch of dogs enjoying their barking sessions. I had to wake up at 4AM to catch a bus at 6AM. The lady at the counter was polite and a guy helped me to get a taxi.

Nothing much around this area unless you want to watch what the locals do. Shwedagon Pagoda was about 15-20 minutes walk away. You can follow the route when you see the gold structure from the main road.

What can be improved?
- Since the toilet and shower are together, maybe more hooks or a plastic shelf to put my stuff on instead of my worrying it might drop on the wet floor or something to separate the dry and wet area.

-Service was good here. But when I asked where I could purchase bus tickets for a certain journey, I was repeatedly told to turn right and I would see it. I'm new to the city and I don't speak the local language. I turned right and didnt see it. Had to ask for directions from a couple of people before I got to a shop without any sign selling the tickets. Why this is an issue for me? I ate at a Japanese restaurant, Edo Zushi at U Wisara Road (5 minutes walk and great food). I only told them where I was heading and the next thing I knew, they provided me with a map and burmese translations in case I got lost. See the contrast just 5 minutes apart by distance? Getting help without asking and not getting much help by asking. This is just one of a couple of encounters with the staff. But they are polite so don't punish them :S

Not the best location but brand new place with good amenities. Average score because service is important to me. This place needs to fine tune the customer service experience to cater to travellers. You would be soaring in no time. I would come back but maybe for the private rooms.

Room Tip: If you are a backpacker, pinching the moolah, this is a great place. Cheap with good facilities. Jus...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jarvis T, General Manager at Humble Footprints Hotel / Hostel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Travelnoobdude

Thank you very much on your review for our hotel.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your hot shower and the good WiFi connection that we provide in our hotel. We will definitely look into your suggestion of putting hooks and shelf in the toilet for clothes and toiletries.

Our apologies that you did not managed to find the booth for the purchase of the bus tickets after our staffs' instructions, I have informed the Frontdesk manager to guide our staffs on this matter and to improve in our directions for our guests.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon at Humble Footprints!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The hostel I was planning to stay at was booked so I was pleased to find this place. The staff is very friendly and helpful, there is also a doorman who will help you with bags or just open the door for you. The beds are incredibly comfortable, great AC and some of the best internet I've had in Myanmar. They serve you a small breakfast of 2 pastries but you get complementary tea/coffee throughout the day. The place is clean as it's brand new.

The cons are that it's far from the city and not much close by. You'll need a taxi to get to to the sights. Also, the dorms do not have towels and they do not rent towels, either. A bit frustrating as other hostels in SE Asia will at least hire you a towel. I had to walk 5 min to buy one, not the end of the world but frustrating if you just got off the bus and in need of a shower straight away. And the dorms are on the 4th floor and no elevator, but the staff will carry your bag. :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Life1is2short
Jarvis T, General Manager at Humble Footprints Hotel / Hostel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Life1is2short

It has been a pleasure to know that you are satisfied with our staffs' friendliness towards your arrival at our hotel. Complimentary breakfast is one of the least basic service that we can provide for our guests, do also keep a lookout for special local food that our staffs might cook during some days of the week!

We have looked into your problem of towel shortage and we are glad to inform that we have decided to rent out towels for dormitory guests starting tomorrow. Thank you once again for your review and we will strive our very best and improve ourselves to serve our guests better.

Regards,
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2nights at this place and i can totally recommend it. They just opened a month ago and everything is brand new! Great Wifi and AC! Showers are small but absolutelly fine for a backpacker (ihave seen much worse). The owner works very hard and helps you wherever he can.the stadf is friendly and young, they try their best eventhough their english is decent.you find always a way,thats what travelling is about,dont forget!! Its not in the center what makes it quite but there is a good restaurant with yummy food just round the corner called Fingers! Beds are very comfy& they have good lockers in the room. You wont regret!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Patriciaalmela
Jarvis T, General Manager at Humble Footprints Hotel / Hostel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi Patricia

Thank you for your review on Humble Footprints. It is rewarding to see your wonderful review on our Humble hotel and that you are happy with our amenities that we have provided.

We are also delighted to learn that you find our hotel in a convenient location which you can find great local food within walking distance from our hotel. Yes, our staffs are relatively young but we are all willing to learn and to strive for better results to provide the best that we can.

Once again, thank you very much for taking time to share with us your experience. We hope to see you again soon at our hotel!

Warmest regards,
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Everything is brand new! The sofa is new and clean, the reception is painted with new white paint. The internet is fast. The staff were really welcoming. They came out of the hostel to help me with my bag the moment I got out of the taxi. I saw that they didn't have any reviews but I decided to give it a try as I'm just staying one night before heading to the airport. It is located close to the highway. I wanted to avoid the bad traffic jam so I've chosen this hostel. The last hostel I stayed in was in the city area but it took me 2 hours to get from the international airport. It was totally worth giving a new hostel a try! Very pleased with everything. There are 3 new computers at the reception, free for tourists to use if you don't have a mobile device. :)

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank oneheart
Jarvis T, Manager at Humble Footprints Hotel / Hostel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hi Oneheart

Thank you very much giving us the first review on Trip Advisor and we are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly trying to be better and we hope that we will be able to meet or even exceed your expectations again the next time you come and stay with us. Thank you once again.

Regards,