When I first touched Yangon, it was quite late which I already got in touch with the owner before I travelled. It was really nice of her to advise me to catch the cab from the airport as it will only cost me USD 10 instead of requesting her to arrange for me as that would cost me more. Well obviously, I would want a cheaper avenue. It is located in a suburb, quite a distance away from the city but it is quiet and surrounded with "rich man's house".
When I reached, I was served with a welcome drink and given a room downstairs. The room was cozy, clean and neat. Good enough for me.I admit it is a little pricy, USD60 for a night. I was ifeeling hungry and when I asked for the menu, it was all listed in USDs and pricy too. They actually have a kitchen themselves. Hence, I spoke to the owner and asked for alternatives, it was really kind of her to suggest a pizza place nearly which serves kickass awesome pizza just that I gotta catch a cab which cost about 2USD.
It was just a one night sleepover. The next morning, I was served with american breakfast, very nice and variety of tropical fruits. (breakfast included with the room) The owner even helped me to purchase the bus ticket to Bagan. Since the bus is leaving at 8pm, she allows me to have my bags kept at her place till then and I went roaming and visiting temples in the afternoon. She helped to recommend the places which I should visit and even helped me to bargain for the cab as I was leaving from her place.
I couldn't find any accom as I returned from Bagan. I dropped her an email telling her so and it was unfortunate that her rooms are all full which she is unable to spare for me any. But it was really really nice of her to allow me to drop my bags as I reached her place at 5am! She spare a corner for me in the living room which I could rest at least until the sun rises and it was pouring heavily that time. I felt so thankful that she was willing to help me and offered me a shelter.
Well, below link would be some of the pictures of the B&B:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MYANMAR FAMILY RUN INN since 1993 A tropical garden bordered by two Colonial Style buildings with the main building being a 2-storey edifice, and the other 3-storey structure with 8 and 3 guest rooms respectively, making a total of 11 rooms will await you once you set foot into our establishment, together with a resting terrace where you may sit down for a little while to enjoy the astonishingly green view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and JovagoAsia so you can book your Classique Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Classique Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Classique Inn Yangon, Myanmar