All reviews the penthouse top floor sule pagoda air con food stalls recommend this hotel ahlone branch hotel entrance rooftop restaurant city view wi fi early check central location small hotel chinatown taxi kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Being situated in Chinatown made it more convenient to shop around for necessities and meals.

Room is clean and wifi is fast enough for video streaming. As for breakfast, love the porridge especially, with all the condiments added.

The staff is helpful and provide assistance, Eg moving of luggage.

Opposite of the hotel is Oriental Chinese restaurant. I went there for dinner daily. The dishes are cheap and nice.

There is also a cafe, Home Sweet Home, a few streets away, serve very delicious ice cream.

The nearest shopping mall is Junction city, around 10 mins walk. Good to escape from the afternoon scorching heat.

Will stay here if come again

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2019

All are simple but quite fine, WiFi is good, Breakfast is nice, Room is clean. It was my first time in Yangon and I had chosen this hotel, I was happy to stayed and I would like to stay again when I visit Yangon next time.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

REVIEW IS FOR LOCATION ON 21ST STREET: Unexpected extra stay in Yangon left me looking for a place to idle out a few days. Chose this hotel primarily for the location to wander in and around the characterful backstreets that fill out the spaces between Chinatown and the Colonial waterfront. The location didn't disappoint, neither did the hotel experience, although I should say that given the choice I'm someone who prefers functional to over-embellished rooms; the rooftop restaurant for breakfasts at sunrise and a drink near sundown were well worth the compact rooms. Staff were helpful and responsive, so definitely not a bad place to stay. If you're looking to spend more time in your room rather than venturing out and exploring then it might not be the place for you. Otherwise, it's a good spot for a few days: you'll get your money's worth one way or another.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank humoenlosojos
Reviewed October 28, 2018

No luxury to be had here. Nice staff and great location, but not a place to stay long term or bring kids. Best for adult couples and short-term business travelers. Rooms dated, and not especially clean.The A/C is stationed above the bed which attempts to freeze you to death in your sleep. Smoke detector right outside the door was chirping all day and night due to a low battery, nobody seemed motivated to fix it. Internet was very shoddy, better to rely on a local sim for better net access. Location however was great. Just seriously temper your expectations here. Breakfast was simple but fine with a few food options and CNN playing in the background. You're close to all the action here, but the hotel is nothing special. Be sure to bring a print out of your reservation, had to show proof of payment so as not to be double charged. Very friendly staff though.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2018

I stayed in this hotel twice in two different rooms in a span of one week. In the first time I arrived very early at 11:00 am and, although check-in time is 2:00 pm, staff allowed me at 11:00 am, as a room was available. Natural light has access to the guest rooms and that was my first priority. I liked their welcome fruit platter. In the past I did not get such a treat from other, more expensive hotels in the area. Complimentary breakfast is good. My guest room had all amenities that I needed, including a kettle and plenty of complimentary drinking water bottles and tea/coffee sachets. I liked the wall clock, which gave me a feel that I am in my home. The internet connectivity is good. I only wish that they had a built in wall light in the desk area. Upon my request, the hotel provided me with a desk lamp. That was very useful for my work and I profusely thank the hotel for this gesture. The hotel tariff is relatively less than other hotels in the area and it is value for money. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018