Lowest prices for your stay
$24
Fully refundable before Thu, Feb 29
Breakfast included
Piet B
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
friendly staff, the rest is 'no comment'
Reviewed May 21, 2018
disappointed for this price; wallpaper torn in my room, socket don't work or just badly, tv-connection loose, room chair was broken, no kettle for heating tea or coffee but there were cups and tea, I've lived in Asia for 15 years and this is not OK for Asia
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Vio.com
    $55
  • Expedia.com
    $89
5.0 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
$70
$49
  • Official Site
    $60
0.8 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
Tripadvisor
$44
  • eDreams
2.3 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
Restaurant
$40
    $88
    $24
  • Booking.com
6.2 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
Tripadvisor
$76
  • Booking.com
3.6 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
$26
    $21
  • Vio.com
    $18
    $26
8.5 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
Restaurant
$34
    $31
  • Trip.com
    $104
  • StayForLong
7.4 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
$31
    $30
    $51
  • Expedia.com
    $51
6.4 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
  • Lol.travel
    $83
  • Priceline
1.7 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
    $66
    $64
  • Agoda.com
9.2 miles from Hotel Grand United (Chinatown)
Free parking
View more hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2018

If you want to be in the thick of continual noise and activity you will like this hotel but for us it was toooo much. The hotel is on the corner of one of the busiest roads that never stops. Unfortunately in Yangon there are cars only (no motorbikes) so continually congested with car horns beeping 20 hours out of the 24 hours. So loud, so noisy.
We stayed for 3 nights when we first arrived in Burma. After reading other reviews we booked the penthouse and a delux room. Penthouse bathroom has no shower screen so whole bathroom floods when you have a shower as the shower recess is on the far floor area away from the shower area. Was a good size and yes a nice view to Sule Pagoda at night (end of busy road) but noise was still so bad.
Deluxe rooms are better as they have a shower screen in the bathroom and still a sitting area.
Wifi ok. Only local TV stations. Short walk to local supermarket. No restaurants only street food or bakeries close by. Breakfast ok but not great. Only 4 tables in doning room so chose your time to eat well
I would never recommend this hotel to friends. Much better staying other side of Sule Pagoda near town hall area.
Very dirty, noisy and not well lite at night for walking

Room tip: Deluxe room
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2018

I chose Hotel Grand United Chinatown as it is located near Himalaya Airlines Yangon Branch Office. I was going to Himalaya Airlines to collect its inflight magazine. The hotel has excellent views of Yangon Chinatown and the city's famous pagoda and mosque. Complimentary breakfast tastes delicious. Please note there are no free return airport transfers to this hotel but the hotel staff are excellent. One of the staff wrote the addresses of the airlines' offices in Burmese for me and emailed to me in Singapore prior to my arrival so that I could reach the offices successfully without delays. On the day of check-out, I forgot to take my raincoat with me. Their driver brought me back to the hotel to collect my raincoat free of any further transport charge. If I ever wanted to visit the city centre's airline offices, I will stay in Hotel Grand United Chinatown absolutely.

Room tip: Choose the top floor.
Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Here's my two cents of my experience with Sandalwood Hotel:-
About the hotel
1. I noted that I will be arriving early and I really appreciate the early check-in and the room is ready!
2. All the staff [from bell-boy, guard, reception, cleaners, restaurant staff] whom I met are friendly, kind and helpful which make my stay very pleasant. Though most of them I would need to use sign language (as they have limited understanding of English). Keep it up!
3. Thumb up for the breakfast!
4. My room is clean and spacious!
5. I notice that each floor has different decoration, try to explore it, well done!
6. City view is ok. Do not expect "wow/ amazing ...". It is not like other big cities e.g. London / Shanghai/ etc after all.

Area of improvement:-
1. The hotel entrance is at the side with stairs so it may not be friendly for disable person. You may need to get help from the security guard.
2. I would really encourage other staff [aside from reception] to receive some language training.
3. Throughout Myanmar, at least the 6 cities/town which I have visited, [ALL] hotels do not accept credit card and it is very common. If you can make it available, it will be a plus point, but if you can't, you may need to spell it out, most travelers will understand.
4. TV location inside the room, a bit weird.
5. May consider providing lotion.
6. May consider providing welcome drink.
7. Local Grab car may not know this hotel, they might think the other Grand United.

Hotel location and surrounding
1. This is what makes this hotel worth the value to stay.
2. Located near to everything ~ China Town, food stalls, restaurants, gadgets, temple, city hall, etc.
3. In short, really good area!

Room tip: The higher it is, the better the view
Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Nice sized rooms that had really good WiFi service. The staff was very helpful and was always available to help us get a taxi or even store some of our bags when we took a day trip to a nearby city. Breakfast is included wasn’t that great but it did the trick!

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018

Pictures are always taken from the best vantage point in any room and that was definitely the case the this hotel. Everything in the room was tired from the pealing wallpaper to dinged-up furniture and the delux room was way smaller than the picture and description led one to believe.
The location is good if you like hustle-and-bustle of street life and there were hundreds of food stalls and vendors on every street. The staff spoke sort-of English but tried very hard to be accomodating.
I guess I would say that for $48/night it was probably comparable to the other hotels in the downtown area ... you get what you pay for.

Room tip: The hotel sits on a busy corner so try from a room in the back away from the traffic noise.
Date of stay: March 2018