Yangon is easy to get by and most business travelers opt for the city center hotels. But if you want some peace and quite Summit park view is the place. I have now visited the hotel a couple of times. Its right opposite a park an in a very quite neighborhood. Its just 15-30 minutes at the peak of traffic from most city centre offices and hence quite convenient. However when you get back after a hard days work you are away from the sounds and crowds of the city centre. You could just get out and go for a great walk round the park takes circa 30 minutes. Its just 15 minutes walk to the famous pagoda ( which is a must visit by the way - even for the business traveller).
The staff is very very friendly. They do remember you if you are repeat customer and thats a nice feeling. Rooms are fine. wifi works Ok with some interruptions you must learn to accept at least for the next year or so until all the TELECOM towers are in place. walking distance to some great restaurants. ( the food in the hotel per se is not that exciting) Chokdee Dim Sum just a short walk to your left from the hotel is one such place. The pioneer club again in the same direction is a great place for beer and music. The hotel breakfast buffet is nothing to write home about and if you stay for a coupe of days it becomes very repetitive. BTW taxis are very very cheap in Yangon circa $2 anywhere. the expensive thing is overseas calls and that you must avoid. Try to use viber or a like,.I spent $50.00 on two calls just on my way from the airport to the hotel. Most offices i visited and restaurants had wi fi and hence this was not a problem.
one negative is that the non smoking rules are quite lax in Myanmar and hence you would find guest smoking in the lobby. So the lobby is not a great place to hand around. Better to stay in the room until your pick up has arrived and walk down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summit Parkview Yangon is located in the up market vicinity of Embassies, Shopping Centers, Food Outlets, National Museum and the People’s Park. The hotel is a short 5-minute walk to the iconic 2,600 year old Shwedagon Pagoda, a must for every visitor to Yangon or a 5 minute drive to the famous Bogyoke Market, the historical market destination for tourists. Its a 10 minutes drive to Downtown and 30 minutes to and from Yangon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Summit Parkview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Summit Parkview Yangon Rangoon
- Yangon (Rangoon) Summit
- Summit Parkview Hotel Yangon, Myanmar