I stayed at the Summit Parkview on my first night in Yangon and eight days later for another night, at the end of my mini-tour of Myanmar.
Overall, the hotel represents a good solution for a quick stopover in Yangon on your way in and out, I wouldn't recomment a longer stay, though.
Rooms are a bit shabby, simple, tired and vaguely smell of mould; humidity is pretty tangible despite the aircon system. The lobby area could do with a good revamp.
The Money changing facility within the hotel is very useful and their rates of exchange are definitely better than the ones at the airport.
The buffet breakfast is quite rich and offers Asian, local as well as traditional Western options: bakery, yoghurt, cereals, fruit, juices, an omelette station, mixed grill and cold cuts and cheeses.
All staff is extremely polite and helpful, the level of spoken English is quite high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summit Parkview Yangon is located in the up market vicinity of Embassies, Shopping Centers, Food Outlets, National Museum and the People’s Park. The hotel is a short 5-minute walk to the iconic 2,600 year old Shwedagon Pagoda, a must for every visitor to Yangon or a 5 minute drive to the famous Bogyoke Market, the historical market destination for tourists. Its a 10 minutes drive to Downtown and 30 minutes to and from Yangon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Summit Parkview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Summit Parkview Yangon Rangoon
- Yangon (Rangoon) Summit
- Summit Parkview Hotel Yangon, Myanmar