You are right by a park as th name suggests and although not really walking distance you are very close to the biggest Buddhist temple I have ever seen - covered all in rubies diamonds and gold donated by relatives of the deceased and access by elevator it is so big.
Service not too bad, polite and friendly staff and tips in US dollars greatly appreciated. Taxis cheap but ramshackle but cheap,
We were on business to visit a ew pharmaceutical companies so did not have much chance for sightseeing - tip many restaurants out by the lakes but avoid the floating palaces and go for a lakeside restaurant - many have a stage show with excellent dances etc. Great food there but don't expect too much from the restaurant of this hotel
Rooms a bit past it bu the view from my room was great could see the Shwedagon Pagoda in the distance - very pleasent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summit Parkview Yangon is located in the up market vicinity of Embassies, Shopping Centers, Food Outlets, National Museum and the People’s Park. The hotel is a short 5-minute walk to the iconic 2,600 year old Shwedagon Pagoda, a must for every visitor to Yangon or a 5 minute drive to the famous Bogyoke Market, the historical market destination for tourists. Its a 10 minutes drive to Downtown and 30 minutes to and from Yangon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summit Parkview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Summit Parkview Yangon Rangoon
- Yangon (Rangoon) Summit
- Summit Parkview Hotel Yangon, Myanmar