“The Best Customer Service!”

Hninn Si Budget Inn
Ranked #23 of 169 Yangon (Rangoon) B&B and Inns
Oakland, CA
“The Best Customer Service!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This place became our second home, and the hotel staff and owner took us in as family. They helped us arrange transportation to multiple places, and gave us a lot of fantastic travel tips.

When we came down with a bout of food poisoning, the owner and staff totally cared for us. They brought us porridge and soup noodles, electrolyte drinks, tons of water, and medication to help us get better.

This is five star service at budget prices.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DrSpeed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fantastic to stay at this place, I'm very, very happy with their service and help. I stayed here on and off for 8 nights, I use this place as my base in YGN while travel up north and south. I left my laugges there and they took care of it for me. It's a private room with share bathroom facility. My room was clean, new towers every day, clean sheets, however, no TV, no fridge, but the room was clean, bright, & airy. Share bathroom was clean, spacious, every time I go to bathroom I didn't see anyone, so it's like my own big bathroom. Breakfast was decent, love their Burmese green tea, and Myanmar rice noodles fish soup. There are several restaurants next building, cheap and good, price range from $1-3 per plate. I also went to Golden Rock for a day trip with a private vehicle, cost $100, I went with a few friends and came back around 10 pm, Michael who I believed is the owner who arranged for this trip and he also call hotels for me to book in Bagan & Inlay. I bought bus tickets from them and it cost $18 one way.
After my trip up north I came back to Hninn Si and they were full, ( so, make reservation ahead, they are popular among backpackers) then I went to stayed in China town area which I do not want to name, it wasn't a good Hotel, it was just typical China town anywhere on earth. Smelly room & hallway, rooms are tiny, dirty and too much outside noise coming in. But this Place Hninn Si is clean and friendly. The next day I book online and got a place at Hninn Si. The closest pagoda is Bota Taung pagoda, about 6-7 minutes walk, Sula Pagoda is about 25 minutes walk. They have free bicycle for house guests to use, which i borrowed and roam around the City. They are not right in down town, but they are within the downtown area, I feel the location is great, many reasonable restaurants, two ATM, a Bank, 24 hours mini mart, pharmacy and laundry mat just next building to the Inn. Here's their website. Hninnsibudgetinn. Com
I plan to come back in December where the weather is much nicer, the place call Mrauk Oo in Myanmar seems interesting place. I definitely give 5 start for their service, cleanness and help.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank ErikDenver
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I stayed there back in January, with a very large group of friends that met from all over the world. As others have said the rooms are basic, yes. But they make up for it in their, kindness and hospitality. The service was excellent, and they went above and beyond to help us and all of our friends. When my family had gotten sick, they offered food, and medicine, and a little clinic to go to down the street. All of the staff was very helpful, and even if some of the staff did not know as much English, they all did their best to help out and make this a wonderful trip.
Thank you Kai, and the staff of Hninn Si!
We will always remember you all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sabrina E
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. The accommodation is simple but clean: a room with air con, and a shared bathroom. It's nothing fancy, but where Hninn Si really shines is with their superb service.

I got food poisoning on our last night in Yangon, and was very sick all night. They not only allowed us to stay in our room for the entire next day for only $10, but also provided me with electrolyte drinks, medicine and homemade chicken soup. Khine, the owner, could not have been nicer or more helpful. I appreciated her kindness in my sad state.

I highly recommend Hninn Si Budget Inn. The rooms are alright, but the customer service is above and beyond what you would get even in a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tara M
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights upon arriving in Yangon and then again for one night upon leaving. I must agree with a previous reviewer, the cost of accommodation is too high, for the standard that you get, in this country compared with the price of everything else.
The rooms are basic and clean. The bathroom and toilets are separate and shared, they are kept as clean as possible.
The walls are thin, you can hear everything that goes on during the night. The door to the bathroom area needs some oil, it's squeaks every time it opens!
Breakfast is included in the price, and was ok, toast, egg, coffee, cake and banana's and of course, Mohinga.
There is complimentary water available, just ask at reception.
WIFI was reasonable, it's slow throughout Myanmar anywhere you go.
Staff are friendly and helpful, they arranged bus tickets for us.
There are plenty of eating places about, we found a good one just down the street.
There are 2 ATM's either side of the Inn that take foreign credit cards, the maximum withdrawal is 300,000K I think.
It's a bit of a walk to the Pagoda's.
I think there is better value for money around in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanya H
Mobile888, Owner at Hninn Si Budget Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We appreciate your stay with us, before and after. And we love to hear details about our establishment.

As you mentioned, accommodation cost is high in Yangon. It is agreeable as tourist had been flocking in for the past two years and there are insufficient accommodation to meet the needs especially in Yangon. I feel that we are very comparable in our pricing, based on what we offer.

The squeaky bathroom doors have been oiled (thank you for bringing to our attention.) We serve both Western and Myanmar breakfast, not either or but you do get both and we are generous with complimentary bottled water. I am a constant traveller and having water at hand is very convenient. So we offer unlimited bottled water to our guests which I feel is a great way of saying "THANK YOU" for staying with us. We always try our best to accommodate our guests and make them feel comfortable.

Our location is great as you noticed, with two ATMs, Bank, official money changer, 5 restaurants, 3 convenient stores (2 are 24 hours ), a travel agency, dry cleaning laundromat, internet cafe to name a few; within ONE minute of walk from the Inn.

Lastly, our goal is to have a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We are NOT a five star hotel, but we do our best to provide the best service possible to all our guests.
Sabah, Malaysia
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before leaving to Bagan the next day. Very simple, small and clean room, friendly service, breakfast provided. There are restaurants and convenient shop downstairs. Better to call to book with the hotel directly rather through online, price will be cheaper. And do book or reserve in advance especially during peak season. The only problem is I can hear faint voice of people talking from the reception area but overall it is ok.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank cssiang
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We loved the stay in Hninn Si so much. The look of the hostel looks shabby and dubious but we really enjoyed it throughout.

Wifi was strong even when we were in our rooms. However, one downside was the exorbitant charge of US$12 for a single bed as we had 5 people in our group. Nonetheless, the good and friendly staff made up for it. Borrowed their telephone to call a local Burmese friend and was not charged - although the look of the staff wasn't too pleasant. Snack were provided just as we arrived - local Burmese tea leaves and nuts. And when I entered the inn with a wet umbrella, they immediately offered to dry it up for me. Water was always given at FOC and voluntarily without us asking! The owner, a Burmese and Irish mixed blood, was also very friendly and recommended us a few must-trys in Myanmar!

Room wise, it was splendid. The bathroom was a shared one though but no complaints given it's clean. Our room initially had a malfunctioned A/C but the staff quickly sent for some servicing and it worked very well. We had one of the best sleeps that night.

Breakfast was decent - traditional mohinga and breads, with jam and coffee.

We spent around SGD80 for a room of 5 - I guess that's pretty reasonable. Very enjoyable stay! Loved the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends