Hninn Si Budget Inn
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$108
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
Agoda.com
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$173
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$261
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$155
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$127
$101
Agoda.com
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
  • Room Service
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$59
$35
$31
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroomair conditioningstayed nightstea and coffeebackpackerseggmohingataxisplugsmosquitoes
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I chose this hotel because of positive reviews in tripadvisor. Unfortunately, some of my valuables were stolen.

But first to the hotel:
+ Price (18 Dollar/night for 1 person)
+ Free bottles of water (at the reception)
+ In room air-condition worked smoothly
+ Bathroom facilities seem to be renovated and are clean
+/- Breakfast. Nothing special but fills you with some calories
+/- Location. Near to the River, a little bit away from the main attractions
- Cleanliness of the rooms (upon arrival bed/pillow covers haven’t been changed; the blankets were old and didn’t have a cover at all)
- No safe (I think in this price category you can’t expect one in Myanmar, but be aware of it!)
- No windows, no chairs, no cupboard, no bedside table
- Tiny rooms. About 8sqm for a single
- Staff doesn’t speak English; the manager very basic
- The room wasn’t cleaned during my 4-nights stay
- Wi-Fi takes ages to load
- Noise. A water pipe within the rooms makes it difficult to sleep. In the evenings/nights water overflow runs through those pipes at random times. The hotel cannot intervene and it’s quite distracting when falling asleep.

Besides, someone was in my room while I was away. As I left my room locked and nobody broke in, I am pretty sure it was the hotel staff. I usually don’t leave any valuables unlocked (my bad this time, I know), but still no reason to steal. 50 Euro and a fake-golden pen were stolen. They didn’t even make efforts to put the room in order afterwards.
I asked the receptionist to show me the surveillance video record (they have cameras in all the corridors). When he realized that I got them, he became very emotional and started to shout. He called the other staff, the hotel owner and threatened with the police. No need to mention my odds in this situation, so I let go of it.

To sum up: Hninn was a disappointment for me. But if you always carry your belongings with you and don’t mind a little noise and dirtiness in your room, Hninn can be a good budget option.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Timo M
Mobile888, Owner at Hninn Si Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Please let me reiterate that "Nothing was stolen, period." My name is Michael and I am the owner of this facility.

Our check-in time clearly states at 1:00pm. You arrived very early and we managed to accommodate you as soon as possible. I believe that, that is called "service." We do our utmost to make our guests welcome and make it a "home away from home" environment. Moreover, our staffs are hard-working personals who work diligently to make sure you get the comfort. With that said, our linens are changed and laundered daily. The following morning, you approached our reception desk to request for your money back because you decided to change your plans. This is the beginning of the problem as you know - you paid through credit card online and you were told of our terms and conditions when you made the reservations.

Your accusation of our staffs removing your items from the room is very serious. Please remember that the next morning, you came to the lobby (requesting for your money back), you then sat down for a while surfing the net using your phone. After a while, you spoke to our reception desk clerk that your items, 50EURO and 10K Myanmar Kyats were taken. (These were precisely recorded on our surveillance camera.) You also mentioned that this happened in another hotel and that you were going to write up. However, you also mentioned that if the 50EURO and 10K Myanmar Kyats were to be returned to you, you will not write up. (Again, all this conversation were being recorded, surveillance cameras are truthful as can be.)

It is very disturbing to know that our staffs had been pin pointed maybe because of your error in misplacing your items. Suddenly, a gold pen is mentioned. Well, nothing of that was heard. The manager wanted and advised you to wait while he calls the police, but you said, 'DON'T WORRY, I'M SO SORRY." And you left the lobby and never returned to the lobby again. Since you were staying 4 nights with us, I tried to meet up with you hoping to put things straight by showing the surveillance camera to clear you doubts. I waited for you but unfortunately, we crossed each other's path.

I was very much disturbed by this issue and had spent many hours surveying all the surveillance cameras. Based on the surveillance cameras, no one entered your room on the day you reported that you had missing items. For your information, we do not pay out monies just because someone claims loss of property. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have your valuables with you at all times. Accordingly to the Innkeeper's Act, no Hotel/inn is responsible for your valuables.

Our staffs my not be as fortunate as you are to travel the world to gain sights of the other world, but they are honest, diligent personals who work hard for a living. Thievery is a serious offense and may lead to incarceration. In any case, we have filed a police report to protect ourselves and a copy of the surveillance tape has been given to the police as proof of our innocence.

This is a conjured story as - first, you want to shorten your stay and requested money back of the days that you actually booked. Since this did not work out, you then told my manager that you lost money in your room. You even threatened my manager that if your request for the refund was not met within one hour, you would post bad comments on the Trip Advisor. My manager reiterated that you may do as you please as we know that that this in NOT TRUE. All these conversations were being captured/recorded on our surveillance cameras (which incidentally records voice too.) It would be our pleasure to provide to anyone who is interested in learning the truth.

I do believe that we had provided all our guests with the necessities that they need. We take pride of the way we had upkeep our facility to be as clean and hygienic .as possible.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Really recommend this place. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Location is really good. The breakfasts arent great but with so many options locally it doesnt really matter.
Its not going to be the nicest place you'll ever stay but its an excellent budget option. Simple room with a shared bathroom which is something I dont often do but I would certainly recommend it here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We started our holiday in Myanmar here, and I fell in love with Myanmar right away.
We had an extra person with us and that was no problem of course we had to pay extra but we got an extra large room.
The owner was such a nice lady she called different organisations which bus organisation was the best and safest to take. She drew out a map and called even friends of her in in other cities to check if they could accomodate us. The guys who worked there were so polite and nice that I almost felt guilty to ask them something.
They were cleaning the bathrooms all day long and the rest of the hostel too.
When we left I wanted to give a tip for the boys but they wouldn't accept this because it is not in there nature.
The owner even prepared us a whole package with iced coffe sandwiches and bananes for our travel further.
If you start in Yangon and you want to meet with the great people of Myanmar start Here!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gid3on
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed three nights here and I like it very much. It's a share bathroom with private room. Very simple room and guess you get what you pay for. Hostel provided me with clean towel and soap. My double room was a good size room, and it is bright and airy.
I booked through their website and it seems a bit cheaper than online agents. I can get bottle water from the lobby as I needed, that was really useful. Location is great, there is a Botatung Pagoda near by, only five minutes walk from the Hostel, good place to visit besides Shewdagone Pagoda. Money changer and ATM is next to the Hostel. There are a few good and reasonable restaurants near by. Friendly workers and I would visit again if I have a chance to come back to Myanmar. Breakfast was good, coffee, tea, toast, fried eggs,and banana. Myanmar fried rice was served on the day that I was checking out.
Here's their website and information. www.hninnsibudgetinn.com. I got a bus tickets from there and the workers call to book a hotel in Bagan for us. I thought that was really kind. Highly recommended if you are looking for clean and friendly place in Yangon.

Room Tip: request for free water bottles. request for large double room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patty G
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good budget hotel, a bit far from hotel but you can reach some pagoda during your stay. For example Sule Pagoda or Botatung with 15-20 mins by walking. However some staffs may hard to communicate with then you should plan well and not expecting the answer from hotel staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends