“We can find nooch restaurant at Bagan”

Nooch Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #441 of 854 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

At bagan we have rare of Thai restaurant but we can find Nooch restaurant at Bagan, good, clean, spicy, soup is very very good. At Yangon Nooch are also good.

1  Thank heinhtet

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The most important thing is the outlet is halal but do bear in mind that their halal definition is differ than Malaysian or any other countries definition. In other words, eventho they are halal but they do sell liquor and have a bar upstair.

Their menu is extensive but mostly into Thai food. Portion is sufficient and price is reasonable. Do try their Pad Thai. They also offer delivery.

2  Thank sanyALGER
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Since our hotel was right next to Nooch, we decided to go check it out. We ordered stir-fried mix vegetables and my favorite thai dish, the lemon coconut soup. It was absolutely delicious, if only it wasn't burning my mouth off! When ordering, I asked the waiter if they could serve any spicy sauces or spices on the side, or just add a little bit of heat to it. I suppose he didn't understand, because it was still very spicy.

Nevertheless, food was tasty, service good, free wifi (bit sketchy though), music could improve (but that's just me ;]).

However, they dont mention to you that there is a 5% service fee and 5% tax. We were a bit shocked when our bill came and it was 11,440 kyat for only 3 dishes, a bottle of water and a bowl of rice! Thats rather expensive for Yangon, you can buy a lot with that.

Overall, I'd love to go back and get that soup again...if only its possible to make it not so spicy. Plus its one of the cheaper things on the menu.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wow! Top notch service and the most delicious food I have ever had. I had a visit to Yangon, Myanmar last December and tried out Nooch by a friend's recommendation. Living in New York for a decade made me obsessed with a great food. First of all, decoration was impressive and imaginative. The Statute of Liberty wall decor and the images of New York made me feel like home again. The place is very classy and clean.

I was blown away by the food. I ordered Tom Yum shrimp soup, Roasted honey duck, Beef Tongue , Thai style fried rice and Preserved Egg Salad. It was the best Tom Yum soup in Yangon. The service was superb. The cocktails are amazing. I had a chance to speak with the friendly owner (Jasmine) and learned that she is the one who managed Nooch NYC and Malaysia. No wonder she could turn Nooch Yangon to one of the best restaurants in town. They were preparing for Nooch Bagan opening at that time. I am sure it would also be a big success in Bagan, Myanmar. I went there for five times during my two months stay in Myanmar. I couldn't get enough of Nooch. I highly recommend anyone to experience Nooch for excellent food, drink and service.

1  Thank maythetko
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I were walking randomly on this street and saw Nooch. We used to eat at Nooch in NYC, but it closed recently. We decided to have lunch there. To our surprise, the owner was the same owner from the NYC restaurant. We were so excited to see each other in Yangon, of all places. Lunch was even more delicious with Burmese, Thai and a few Western dishes on the menu. I highly recommend eating here when you are in Yangon. The food is excellent and the restaurant has modern decor.