Best Western Green Hill Hotel
Taw Win Garden Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$82
$76
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$173
$57
$52
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$260
Agoda.com
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$63
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$143
$112
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$160
$139
Agoda.com
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$74
Sky View Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$44
Hotel Yankin(Yangon (Rangoon))(Great Value!)
$39
$35
All reviewsshwedagon pagodakandawgyi lakefitness roomquiet roomno hot watercomfortable stayresidential areanice breakfastbreakfast buffet ishotel restaurantquiet locationwifi connectionmini barnoodlesother hotelsrooms are cleanhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel is modern, rooms are large, AC is quiet, (free) WiFi was the best I found in a hotel during my stay in Myanmar.

The breakfast buffet was quite large with plenty of choice, I very much enjoyed it. I saw another reviewer mentioning the small breakfast area. I never saw it more than three quarters full, and it was plenty big.

Staff were very helpful here. We arrived 5 or so hours early and they were totally find letting us straight into the room. They were always happy to arrange taxis for us or answer questions about local facilities.

The location is quite out of the way, you'll probably need to use taxis to get wherever you want, but they're very cheap in Yangon so this wasn't a problem for us.

Overall I was very happy with this hotel. The price wasn't amazing, but that's just how it is in Yangon right now it seems.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights when we arrived and two more at the end of our trip to Myanmar. It is a little out of the main city area, so be prepared to use taxis.
The room and bathroom were clean and basic, we had all we needed for a couple of days stay, though the room lighting was dim, as is ever the case in Myanmar! The WiFi which was purported to work everywhere never worked in the room and one had to go to the rather small sitting area in the lobby to be able to connect---sometimes!
The service was good, the hotel stretched the check out time a bit later for us since we flew later in the day, which was very helpful.
There was a wide buffet spread for breakfast, but the restaurant meals could be very variable in quality, though the service was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RAGGEDNewHampshire
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just stayed there for one night and as everything in the country it was overpriced.
But the rooms are spacious but kind of basic, nothing fancy.
The hotel is in a very quite corner of the city and nothing is near by. Most taxi drivers don't know the place. But try to look for a 20-storey ugly building in the neigbourhood.
Breakfast was also just average but surprisingly our internet connection was working for the whole time we were there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Krissi55
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed in this room for 3 nights.

The room is very spacious, which I liked the most about this hotel. Decent-sized bathroom. Plenty of room for working corner.

Do not worry about conversing in English with the service staff as most of them can speak passable English. However they are still behind when it comes to timeliness and coordination. For example, when I arrived, the receptionist failed to coordinate with the housekeeping team for my room so she sent me to a room that have YET to be cleaned and I had to wait for one hour before I could go in. I'd give them credit for their effort to make things right though.

Food was unfortunately not satisfactory. The Japanese spread (which happened to be one of the daily staple for breakfast buffet) was a sad case. Beverages was either too concentrated or too diluted. The small space of the dining area was not enough to cater for all during peak hours.

Internet was OK. I did have problems trying to connect, despite of full bar. On the bright side, I could at least access my emails.

Location-wise, it wasn't near the famous downtown area and you will need to hire a cab to get around as it is located farther into the small road off the main road. At least, it is not noisy at night :)

KTV and Starbucks are fortunately within walking distance, for the bored ones.

Room Tip: Take the room which is NOT facing the hotel entrance area because the flood light is very bright at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheLynxTravels
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived at Green Hill not knowing what to expect after a months touring of Burma and we were pleasanty surprised. The hotel is modern and very well organised with helpful staff. The hotel lacks a little character but more than makes up for it with the nice rooms and airy feel (not cramped). The restaurant is really good not over formal but you can still have a proper meal there. The food was reaaly good as were the food prices and even better the beer price was one of the cheapest we experienced in Burma. A real pleasant surprise given it is a modern big hotel. There is a car park wit a permanent security guarding.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family