“Tasty food and heartfelt service”

LinkAge Restaurant and Art Gallery
Cuisines: Burmese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Linkage Restaurant is a social project as well as a link to Tha-Nge-Chin-Myar, a volunteer group founded in 2010. It is a pretty corner in crowded downtown of Yangon, Myanmar where you can enjoy a great collection of Myanmar Fine Art (paintings) and delicious food prepared and served by enthusiastic young adolescents with dignity!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's a small place with a personal touch. I read about this restaurant and sought it out. It was difficult to find as the streets and house numbers are not well labeled in Yangon. The first time I tried to eat here, I entered to find the waiters taking an afternoon nap so I quietly retreated. I came back around dinner time and wasn't disappointed. The food was very tasty and the service very attentive. I had the tea leaf salad, mutton curry and stir-friend prawns. The prawns were on the small side but still well prepared, as was everything else. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been here three times now and the food has always been excellent and the staff friendly and attentive. If you get there early you can have your own verandah table looking down the streeets of downtown Yangon. A real Burma moment! The fish is highly recommended.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had lunch there 3 time during my last visit to Yangon. Great location, very central but cutely tucked away on the first floor of a typical downtown building. Nice tiny balcony also from where you can observe the bustling street life on Maharbandoola Garden Street. It's dining for a good cause (the restaurant teaches troubled urban kids how to cook, serve and a lot more) but feeling like going to a normal, well run restaurant! Food is very inexpensive, very tasty and great for safe testing of the local cuisine.

The team was very very friendly, even explained to me how to make their curry! I'll be back!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was a little hard to find but once we realized that its not on the ground floor and to look up, we found the place. The dishes were great. It's a cute place.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent three nights in Yangon and this was by far the best meal we had during our stay. Arring well before dinner time (430pm), the restaurant was open and the staff let us drink beer and watch the world go by on the balcony and we grazed through dinner, eventually spending over three hours in this fantastic little hidden gem. Although a few items were missing from the menu, the food we ordered was fresh, well prepared and beautifully presented. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, just wish we were here longer to go again.