“A fantastic place to stay”

Bike World Bed, Breakfast & Bike
Sydney, Australia
“A fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed here at the end of a 2 week trip around Myanmar and based my decision on Trip Advisor reviews.
I arrived in the late afternoon as had been doing last minute sightseeing around Yangon. Aunty Soe Soe was so welcoming and as I was on my own was concerned that I was OK, had eaten enough etc . After I went for dinner,she took me out on a night bike ride around the neighbourhood which was a fantastic end to a great trip.
The room was very clean and excellent WIFI.
Left quite early in the morning but a fantastic breakfast and got to meet other travellers and Jeff.
Was close to the airport and would definitely recommend this place to stay as genuinely friendly, incredibly hospitable and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SaskiaT2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The owner, a burmese lady, is indeed very nice. howver when I arrived after 14 hours travel, I found a terrible single room with a window only in the wc and a terrible noise going on from 8 o clock am till 4 pm..they are building new rooms and were surprised I asked to change room, as everybody leaves early in the morning to go visiting..
finally I got a good bigger room, but only because the employee of the hotel proposed it to the english owner, who had told me there is no alternative.
I found a much better hotel, Strand hotel, a bit more expensive but perfect.

Room Tip: it does not deserve number one for me in the list of bed and breakfast of yangon
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank molliquette
Newcastle Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I support the other reviews here. Bike World provides a friendly value for money service. Soe Soe treated everyone like a close friend and was always available to offer travel advice etc. I was invitred on the Friday night bicycle ride around the City Centre, which was great fun (25 km leave 9pm- return midnight) because it is cooler then and not many cars on the road.

I was given a lift into the City by Soe Soe, saving me the taxi fare (she was going into the city anyway- but this is the sort of friendly helpful attitude that prevails).

Breakfast was very good. Wifi in the rooms was fast and free.

I had dinner at the seafood restaurant by the lake a 15 min walk away- I recommend it.

The City Centre is about 15-20 mins away by car.

I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Some cheaper rooms have shared bathroom. Ensure you specify a private bathroom if you want one.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had hoped to spend 6 nights at Bike World, but due to illness and other issues we only had the change to spend 2 nights - both of which were great. Aunty Soe Soe is like your new best friend and is incredibly helpful in helping you navigate your way through Myanmar, from getting you on a bike rickshaw to assisting with flights. She truly goes above and beyond for her guests. We heard great reviews of the bike rides she and Jeff offer (although didn't have a chance to go on one ourselves). Accommodation is simple, clean, and good value for Yangon. Staff are all very helpful. Location isn't central but taxis are easy to catch and quite affordable. Other guests were like-minded travellers who also offered great suggestions on what to see and do while in Yangon and Myanmar. Will definitely plan to stay there next time I'm in Yangon (and there will be a next time! Myanmar is incredible!).

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room with private bath, but I gather they are working on an expansion - so the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed one night on our way into Myanmar. We had an early morning flight to Bagan, so this was a good place to stay for a quick visit to Yangon. SoeSoe was helpful, they served us breakfast despite the early 6AM departure. We returned to Yangon on our departure from Myanmar and chose to stay at a hotel closer to the city center. There was a bit of construction going on at the hotel and it was very remote. Rooms are very small.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our introduction to Yangon, what a wonderful first impression. Warm hosts, relaxed environment, helpful with travel tips, and fun too! We also did the Sunday bike ride and it was a fun way to see a different side of Myanmar and spend some time with local people.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at BWEM. It was the most amazing experience. Soe Soe and Jeff are the best hosts you could ever hope for. And they are such beautiful, kind and genuine people. We were lucky enough to arrive on a Saturday night and were able to join Jeff on a bike ride Sunday morning. Along with about 15 other people (many tourists but many Yangon residents too) we met at 6.30am and drove out of Yangon for about an hour into the countryside.
We had breakfast at a tea house and then headed off cycling. We visited a gauze bandage making factory, a rubber making place and cycled through some stunning scenery to a little school in a remote area which Jeff and Soe Soe have been instrumental in creating. On this Sunday, Jeff delivered a pedal powered sewing machine to the monk, teacher and school students. We then finished the cycling trip with a lunch of Shan noodles back in the village we started from. I would have to rate this as the best day of our entire trip (and we have had many memorable wonderful days travelling in Myanmar). Staying at BWEM is a must do. Sitting around the kitchen table talking, it felt like home. We didn't want to leave. A big thank you to Soe Soe and Jeff for this wonderful time which we will treasure always.

Stayed December 2013