“Excellent hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Bike World Bed, Breakfast & Bike
“Excellent hospitality”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

It is not exactly a cheap option to stay, however the excellent hospitality does make up for it. As my wife puts it, Soesoe is like a mother to us: she applied mosquitoe cream for her when she realised that my wife got some bites on her, she offered all the medical plasters she could find in her messy office for my sprained ankle when we were abt to go.

It may not be exactly in prime location but how often do you need to get to downtown? There was a local food stall just round a corner (no pictures no English menu) and we managed to walk to dinner the 2 other nights we were there (Soesoe sent 2 of her girls with us to show us the way on the first time). And it was just a rickshaw ride away from one of the station on the circular line. The staffs were very attentive too; a night we were sitting in the lobby for wifi use, they offered local green tea. Another time Soesoe herself offered to make us some food if we are hungry, which we decline as it was only just after dinner! We were also given plenty of bottled water too. Soesoe collects information from traveller so that future travelers can benefit from them. The guesthouse is able to help arrange for us taxi, rickshaw; we got itinerary recommendations from Soesoe too. She also helped us with Myanmar phone calls to aid our trip planning without extra charges.
Oh and last I absolutely love the communal living here; breakfast on a round table with other travelers, common room, lobby where we made friends and even travelled with some of them later.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I love staying at Bike World Bed & Breakfast. I really (really really) enjoy their super hospitality and caring they have shown to their guests. When I first booked this place through Agoda.com in May this year I didn't expect an excellent service at the price of US$ 50 a night for a single room. Maybe I didn't expect anything for that cheap price. It turned out to be the memorable trip for me. I stayed there 5 nights. The room I've gotten was cozy, namely "Tube". It was a row house. Despite it was small but it was very well equipped with wonderful bed, attached bathroom with amenities, flat screen TV, fridge, table for writing, and air-conditioning. The bed was excellent. They chose good quality mattress and pillow.

Breakfast time was great too. There was no fixed recipe so I've gotten a chance to try many Myanmar dishes. Aimee (the manager) gave me big glass of juicy banana milk shake. Everyday was the same with excellent food, a variety of choices. Some times they bought food from well-known restaurants like Sharky's, Cafe Dibar, Ma Phyu mohinga to eat themselves and extra for their guests.

Aunty Soe Soe (the owner) was wonderful. I saw she was busily taking care her guests. After she was free from receiving new guests. She came over and told me (since I was a solo woman traveler) that she would take me around if I was comfortable. She took me around to many tourist places but I wasn't interested much to see those places. I preferred eating so aunty Soe Soe took me to many eateries which served delicious dishes at the amazingly low prices (when I calculated back to my currency).

I loved staying at Bike World Bed and Breakfast. In my review with Agoda, I also stated that it will be my first choice whenever I come to Yangon. Since my first stay with BWI in May 2013 until recently September 2013, I revisited 6 times. The longest stay was 12 nights. I am no longer their guest but I become one of their friends. The people there did good job. Aimee and her fellows worked their way to make my stay comfortable.

Aunty Soe Soe and Uncle Jeff and their sweet dogs Fi Fi and Collie were a wonderful proprietors. They made their small-sized bed and breakfast a wonderful place at the affordable price you can ever find in the heart of city. It is not easy to find a US$ 50 - US$ 60 a night for a wonderful hospitality opposite Inya Lake and with embassies as neighbour.

Another great thing about this place was that I've discovered later that aunty Soe Soe didn't surcharge me when she booked a tour, hotel, and transportation when I visited Mandalay, Bagan, Mingun, Sa Gaing, and Inle. And the prices she offered was a few dollars lower than I booked through Agoda.

I will continue to stay at Bike World Bed and Breakfast when I come to Yangon. I used to stay at Chatrium and Savoy too. They provided excellent hospitality service which I could find at a much lower price here. Except that I didn't have to pay extra money for laundry and high speed internet connection when I was sitting elsewhere. Expensive hotels asked my guests to pay extra fee for hi-speed internet connection when we sat at their lobby and found out that only me (guest) can connect to the service. At Bike World Bed & Breakfast, my guests need not to pay for internet fee regardless wherever we sat.

Room Tip: Any room has its unique character. I like to stay close to the ground so I asked for a row house. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jeannie_nimm_still
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 10, 2013

US$60 for a single room the size of a closet! This isn't Tokyo or Singapore!
When a last minute problem with my girlfriends flight meant she had to stay with me for the night, we get a bang on the door with a lovely lady shouting "She stay, Pay more". They insisted on us paying an additional $20 for her few hours stay, and she didn't even have breakfast.
So US$80 for one night, I don't think so.

On the plus side, the room was very clean, bed comfy and staff helpful (except for, I'm guessing, the owner)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LeeStringer
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My review echos most of the reviews I have read about Bike World. One of the owners, Auntie Soe is an amazing hostess. We arrived around 9PM, and she took us out on bikes right away to help us find a place to get some dinner. She and I sat around her table one evening eating cereal and taking about love and life.. she really is unlike anyone I have ever met. Jeff, Soe Soe's husband and the owner of Bike World is a funny and down to earth guy who sat with us at breakfast and chatted with us over coffee. Our room was spotless and the bed was wonderful. Our flight out of Yangon wasn't unitl 1AM, and they let us hang out in the common area for a few hours before we left for the airport. This is the place to stay in Yangon.

Room Tip: We saved 10USD and stayed in a room with a shared bathroom. Worked for us!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night, before starting my trip around Myanmar. Soesoe and Jeff are great hosts, but I found the guest house too far out of town - you had to take taxis and the traffic in Yangon is mostly very heavy and you move at a snails pace - and sometimes not at all! There also weren't any eating places within walking distance. I also thought that US$50 for a room with shared bathroom (or a very small room with it's own bathroom for the same price) was expensive - and i was travelling in the low season.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ookie09
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We love Auntie Soe (thanks very much for taking care of us!), very hospitable and adorable. Her place is located close to Inya Lake (great for evening walk) and in a neighbourhood of many embassies (feel safe).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Bike world is the best guest house I have stayed at Soe Soe is like a mother - she always makes sure you are well fed and you're well taken care of. She knew my name as soon as I arrived, and mapped out my entire trip in Myanmar. She even got me a last-minute plane ticket to Bagan at a reasonable price. Her staff is great too, and works tirelessly.

The entire guest house is spotless, the beds are comfortable, and they have eggs and toast ready as soon as you wake up. Bike World is ideal for a solo traveler like myself. I ended up meeting other guests in the common area who I spent the day with. I can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: The rooms with a shared bathroom are bigger and more comfortable, and you only share the bathroom wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo