“guesthouse in outer ring of suburbs”

and 1 more site!
Bike World Bed, Breakfast & Bike
Sydney, Australia
“guesthouse in outer ring of suburbs”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night, before starting my trip around Myanmar. Soesoe and Jeff are great hosts, but I found the guest house too far out of town - you had to take taxis and the traffic in Yangon is mostly very heavy and you move at a snails pace - and sometimes not at all! There also weren't any eating places within walking distance. I also thought that US$50 for a room with shared bathroom (or a very small room with it's own bathroom for the same price) was expensive - and i was travelling in the low season.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ookie09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We love Auntie Soe (thanks very much for taking care of us!), very hospitable and adorable. Her place is located close to Inya Lake (great for evening walk) and in a neighbourhood of many embassies (feel safe).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Bike world is the best guest house I have stayed at Soe Soe is like a mother - she always makes sure you are well fed and you're well taken care of. She knew my name as soon as I arrived, and mapped out my entire trip in Myanmar. She even got me a last-minute plane ticket to Bagan at a reasonable price. Her staff is great too, and works tirelessly.

The entire guest house is spotless, the beds are comfortable, and they have eggs and toast ready as soon as you wake up. Bike World is ideal for a solo traveler like myself. I ended up meeting other guests in the common area who I spent the day with. I can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: The rooms with a shared bathroom are bigger and more comfortable, and you only share the bathroom wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Capital202
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights initially, as a base from where I could meet like minded travellers and hopefully get some help and advice on travelling independently within Myanmar.
What a fantastic choice ! SoSo and Jeff were extremely welcoming and helpful - the cold, local beer flowed and I was able to finalise my travel itinerary !
I returned at the end of my trip for one last night in order to bid them both farewell and to thank them for their amazing hospitality.
Would I like to return?
Absolutely !

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank denisegj
australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at bikeworld for 4 days in July, 2013. the owner operators Soe Soe and Jeff treat you as personal house guests as do the staff. We had the top ensuite room which was very well appointed and very comfortable. Breakfast was prepared to order and seemingly endless. The guesthouse location was perfect, we didn't have the city clamour, crowds and noise but a nice compound in a quiet wealthy suburb. A short walk brought us to Inlay lake, there were also many fine restaurants within a short walk. A 3 USD taxi ride delivered us to and from the city and various sights of the city. Advice from both Soe Soe and Jeff gave us many options for sightseeing and an insight into life in Yangon and Mayanmar. Soe Soe arranged our onward flights. The level of service was outstanding, something that is unavailable in larger establishments. Work had just started on a new accommodation wing, this didn't interfere with our stay in any way, it should be well finished prior to the start of the main season. In conclusion, great facilities, great service, a great time. Previous TA comments were spot on.

Room Tip: Unsure on the other rooms, but the ensuite room was fantastic, by september i expect there to a numb...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided to stay at Bike World based on the positive TripAdvisor recommendations and are so glad that we did. Soe Soe is unbelievably helpful and kind. She helped us map out an itinerary for our visit, gave us useful suggestions about the city and generally made our visit to Yangon easy and enjoyable. This is not a luxury hotel, but our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked perfectly -- everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Bike World is a bit outside the city center, but the location is reasonable, and we were very happy with the price and the value. We liked Bike World so much that we decided to come back and stay here at the end of our trip to Myanmar too. Thank you, Soe Soe, for your hospitality!

Room Tip: The "Saddle Room" has a private bathroom and is very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VolunteerExpats
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed with Soe Soe and Jeff for a couple of days in January 2013 in the beginning of our trip to Myanmar and that was certainly the right decision! We had read some great reviews about the place, but it still managed to exceed our expectations.

About five minutes after our arrival we already felt like home. Soe Soe was so lovely and helpful, giving us advice and tips about things to do in Yangon and about traveling around Myanmar. It was also great to get to know other like-minded travelers who were staying at Bike World.

We would definitely recommend staying here, so that you will get the chance to experience this amazing hospitality by yourselves!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends