“Able to cope with large groups”
Review of My Garden

My Garden
Ranked #122 of 796 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Australia
“Able to cope with large groups”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Although I was disappointed with the amount of deep fried foods(happened all over Myanmar) that were on the menu I was pleasantly surprised with my $3.80 chicken satays. 5 sticks of succulent chicken and a light satay sauce. The usual Myanmar 750ml bottle of beer was $3!!
We were a group of 15, staying at the Summit Park View Hotel, so it was an easy walk across the road.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tinaballerina

• Indonesian first
Edinburgh, UK
“Great fish paprika”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My Garden is right across the road from the Summit Park View hotel, where we were staying. We visited as a group of 15 and despite our numbers they coped really well and the service was great. We enjoyed great fish paprika, which unlike in some other places, had been filleted properly and we weren't plagued with loads of bones. The place was packed with local people and seemed to enjoy a busy trade.

Visited November 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Forget about the calories”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband And I were staying at the beautiful Governor's Residence and decided to go out for lunch. This cavernous Chinese restaurant looks rather like a vast McDonalds with young staff in aprons and peaked hats. My pet hate is a menu with pictures of the dishes but you need them here as staff speak little English so ordering anything which does not involve pointing at a picture may take time. We ordered spices chicken and cashew nuts, deep fried chicken, rice and a chocolate ice-cream. All were tasty and well-cooked (not the ice-cream). Not the place to go for an extended meal but if, like us, you flew in with no breakfast, its well worth a visit and it only took us about 10 minutes to walk there. We looked at a couple of other restaurants on the way but this was the busy one.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank lferstendik
London UK
“Tasty and well cooked Chinese”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

A 5 minute walk from The Governors Residence and in the middle of many huge foreign embassies, we came across an unexpectedly good Chinese restaurant. It must seat 200 covers so we were not expecting anything special, but we were pleasantly surprised.

I cruised the eating tables to survey the food which is better than looking at a menu and it looked good.

Having chosen from the menu with pictures of the food, we have a great chicken and cashew nuts, spicy and crispy fried chicken and my wife finished with chocolate ice cream, something we do not normally eat on trips to far flung lands, but she took the risk and it was delicious.

Tast, well cooked food. If this restaurant was in London, I would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ExplorerLondonUK
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Good food let down by poor service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

While staying at the Summit Parkview Hotel across the road at the beginning and end of a trip, we had two group meals here separated by 10 days. Menu selection was wide and food was well prepared and reasonably quickly delivered but attitude of staff seemed to be to exploit transient visitors rather than creating a positive/memorable experience. Not a great advert for the opening-up of the country....we fared rather better elsewhere.....

• Visited October 2013