“Best Place I’ve Found in Shwedagon Area”
Review of My Garden

My Garden
Ranked #114 of 745 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Place I’ve Found in Shwedagon Area”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Located on Ahlone Rd near Pyay Rd, this place is a safe bet. The menu is a wide variety of European and many Asia cuisines. The dining area is large, stylishly designed and furnished, and has an open almost communal feel to it. Satellite programming is shown in HD on multiple widescreen TV’s mounted on walls around the central dining area.

The restaurant and items coming out of the kitchen had a very quality and sanitary feel to it. I don’t always have these same feelings with area restaurants, so it is worth mentioning.
Spring rolls were the appetizer, not overly doughy and full of yummy filling. Our meal consisted of a pork dish (minced, with basil?) who’s name was meaningless to me, hot and sour chicken, and fried pork sausage (actually tasted like deep-fried bits of pork fat – not recommended.)

Beers were a nice price at Ks 1800 ($2.15) for a big bottle. They also did an impressive job with ice cream for dessert. I will definitely be returning as it’s one of the best and most reliable restaurants in Yangon.

In the back is Unplugged, their lounge that has live music some or all evenings. The comfortable wicker décor continues. And like in the front dining room, there are half a dozen semi-private nooks that will seat up to six comfortably. Still the same well-groomed attentive staff, and the music does not overwhelm, but rather is a nice back drop to an evening out.

• Visited June 2012