“Beyond the border” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of PARKROYAL Yangon

PARKROYAL Yangon
Ranked #10 of 147 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
New Delhi
“Beyond the border”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

On a short official visit to Yangon this summer, I had the opportunity to stay at the Park Royal. It's central location was ideal for our range of local travel and saved me quite a lot of time every day.
The way from the airport was not long and we reached the hotel in half an hour. The hotel has a long frontage with a double height reception and waiting area. The security at the entrance was meticulous. I and my colleagues had prior bookings, but we were given one room short, and were kept waiting at the counter under the pretext of the room being readied. Finally, it was more than half an hour by the time the room was made available.
The room itself was very spacious and well furnished, easily accommodating two queen size beds. A family with small children could well fit in comfortably. The toilet was in perfect working condition, the linen was clean and of good quality and the service quite prompt.
The buffet breakfast at the ground floor was one of the best I have encountered. The range of juices, cut fruits, whole fruits, breads & bakes, salads, spreads, cheeses, veg as well as non-veg dishes was truly mind boggling. I was on a veg diet at the time and was thoroughly spoilt for choice. I and my colleagues usually gravitated to the round table at the corner of the room and enjoyed a grand breakfast each morning at the start of a long work day throughout our stay.
A good, relaxing stay worth repeating in the event of another visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank BiswasB
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your patronage of PARKROYAL Yangon and for your kind review and recommendation in Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We lay much effort to offer quality culinary offerings to our valued guests in all our restaurants and bars which have recently undergone extensive renovation and are already receiving several accolades.
Our rooms management team continuously reviews our process to ensure we provide rooms on arrival to our guests and will strive to make further improvements. Guest and associate safety is also our prime focus always.
I look forward to your next visit, please be so kind to drop me a note whenever you plan your next visit.
With kind regards,
PARKROYAL Yangon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Good food choice, Nice club for evening relax.The downstairs bar had a good group last visit and is one of the few in the area around Yangon.This Hotel accepts Visa cards which inst accepted in many areas of Myanmar.Close to many amenities around Yangon

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank WillRIGG
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,
We have recently re-opened Club 5. Located in basement level of the hotel, it offers a unique mix of music by our in house DJ as well as our Columbian Resident Band. The Club is an ideal place to unwind with quality entertainment and a selection of cocktails, beverages and snacks.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is located in the centre of Yangon. For sure, you will need a car to move around the city.
The Lobby was wide, and you have security check before entering the building and the staff at the hotel are welcoming. I reached early morning but the room was not ready as the hotel was overbooked. I got a room 2 hours later.

It is a standard room, nothing fancy, simple and clean, although the bed was a bit soft, but you get a good nights sleep. There is no view out of the room, I was on the street side, so in the mornings you can get noise of the traffic.

The food at the hotel was good. They also served Halal meat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Salah_Sharaf
Ram N, General Manager at PARKROYAL Yangon, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed our culinary offerings, we have recently upgraded and relaunched all our Restaurants and Bars.
L look forward to your next visit, please be so kind to let me know whenever you plan your trip.
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Park Royal Yangon is comfortable, accommodating and truly hospitable. Rooms are fairly large and well appointed with bathrobes and where we were located on the third floor reasonably quiet. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment at the moment but that did not seem to impact on our stay at all. Breakfasts are quite generous with around half a dozen juices alone to choose from and of course the usual egg station, salad and fruit bar, cold cuts and quite a few hot dishes to choose from. There was also a corner offering typical Burmese fare including Mohinga, a fish noodle soup.

What we found most convenient about the hotel is that if you exist through the back door, past the Chinese restaurant, and took a right out on the back lane and walked a couple of hundred metres and then a left over a pedestrian bridge, it'd take right to Scotts Market or the Bokyoke Aung San Market which opens from around 10 to 5. I say around because most shops didn't really open till 10.30 or thereabouts, and its closed on Mondays.

In any case the hotel was kind enough to allow us a 2 p.m. checkout as out flight didn't leave until 7.30 pm and a late lunch at the Spice Brasserie was reasonably tasty and not excessively expensive as some hotels and western eateries can tend to be in Yangon.

Comfortable rooms, decent and efficient enough reception. Overall no complaints.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the Shwedagon Temple.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Seika61
Dear Sir / Madam,
In early July, we have completed our mulit – million dollar renovation of Restaurants, Bars and Public Areas, all offering comfortable, contemporary and crisp interiors.
To acquaint our guests with Myanmar cuisines, our extensive breakfast buffet includes varying Myanmar dishes each day.
As you have rightfully mentioned, our location is ideal being within the Central Business District and at easy reach to several tourist and retail attractions.
Our associates are very pleased to receive your positive comments on our service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Please be so kind to drop me a note whenever you plan your next visit.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have stayed in Park Royal Hotel, Myanmar for a week. Basically, I went for ferrying an EC 130 B4 helicopter from Yangon to Dhaka. This was my first visit in Myanmar and I was traveling Solo. To mention, I have enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel and found all the crew were very much cooperative, helpful and friendly. The rooms are well furnished and spacious. I have enjoyed the gym, swimming pool, tennis court and the restaurants. The personnel working in the front desk, gym and restaurants were very cooperative. I was happy to note, the trainer of the gym was always available till the last hour of operation. The food served in all the restaurants are excellent. However, at this moment, the renovation work of this hotel is on progress, which was little disturbing. I guess, by this month the problem will be solved. Anyways, I have enjoyed my staying at this hotel. In simple words, "A wonderful hotel with all friendly crew'.

MUHAMMAD SOHEL LATIF
Instructor Pilot
R&R Aviationj
Dhaka
Bangladesh

Room Tip: See the web and choose your room. No doubt, all the rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank starlightbaf
Dear Sir / Madam,
It is always pleasing when guests feel at home in our hotel.
As a healthy start to the day is always important, hotel gymnasium was also upgraded in February this year.
Please be so kind to drop me a note whenever you plan your next visit.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed in ParkRoyal last week when I went on business trip for an event. Truly remind me of home as they have all the same restaurant, cafe name as the one in Singapore which I have visited many occasions as one my company corporate hotel. Good location, great service and very nice clean room. Love the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank CaseyTeh
Dear Sir / Madam,
It is a pleasure to note that you have stayed in our sister Hotel in Singapore and are able to relate your stay with us to your experience in Singapore.
Our team is very pleased to receive your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Please be so kind to let me know whenever you plan your next trip.
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Park Royal is a tidy business hotel plus pool (a god send after a hot day in Yangon).

There were a number of events (weddings and conferences) during the days that we were there, and the staff managed and coordinated their various guests very well, also helping us arrange casual business meetings in the lobby. Staff by the pool … not so on the ball.

Room size was good; though décor and bathroom are showing their age. Staff and service were generally good, and always accommodating and approachable. Wifi was available and stable.

A walk down to the Strand for a drink takes just over 20 minutes, and Bogyoke Market is a 5 minute walk. Would probably choose a different spot for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank GilbertoAndJorge
Dear Sir / Madam,
PARKROYAL Yangon enjoys preferred status for many events, meetings as well as social events and weddings.
I am working with my team to enhance our services by the Swimming Pool, please accept my apologies for any delay in our service.
I thank you again for your valuable comments and look forward to your next visit.
Please be so kind to drop me note whenever you plan your trip