Lowest prices for your stay
$54
$64
Agoda.com
$43
Hotels.com$63
Official Site$61
Priceline$55
1,335 results
All reviews park royal yangon indian food business trip comfortable hotel buffet breakfast bit dated
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent 2 nights in the Parkroyal upon arriving in Myanmar (A first visit to the country). The hotel has all the amenities you may expect from a 5* establishment, the only thing it misses is character, however the service more than compensated for it in my case. The only complaint I would have is the price tag, but that's how it is in Myanmar right now, you'll pay through your nose to get the level of comfort you are used to from back home.

Wifi works wonderfully, front office is expedient, credit cards accepted (no Amex). I had lunch here one day (dim sum buffet, good quality, of course at least 2x as expensive as food in the street would be, but it's convenient especially when you have just arrived and are super jet lagged) and a dinner buffet the second evening (same comment).

What really made me appreciate the property was the service I received AFTER checking-out.
For starters, they had absolutely no problem with me leaving luggage for storage with them for 5 days (no additional charge, that probably saved me a little fortune, never mind the hassle, as the domestic flights have a 20kg allowance only) even though I was not booked to stay here again. As it happened, I came back a day later than I had told them I will and there was absolutely no problem with that.
Second, I ended up not being able to book with them for the last night on my journey out of the country and upon arriving to collect my luggage asked the concierge for help with calling the hotel, where I had booked. He helped me in the most professional way, no smirks, complaints or questions asked.
And thirdly, as I had a problem with the reservation in the other property, he gave me complimentary access to the Internet, so I could sort myself out. So even though on first thoughts I felt I am not crazy about this property for the lack of character (relative to the price tag), the service has changed my mind and I am very happy to recommend it to other travellers.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Mpivanova
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three weeks on a recent business trip. Very good service and friendly. Cleaning staff did a fantastic job and were always polite and helpful.
Great choice of food for breakfast.
Beds were doubles and comfortable. Never watched TV, but I know there wasn't much choice in channels, but that will change.
Slightly on the pricey side though.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank barondockmeister
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here first week in Feb 2013. The lobby gives a good impression. The staff are helpful at the desk.
Rooms are good size and excellent breakfast selection.
The pool was very clean and welcome.
Musician played harp and xylophone at night.
The boxed breakfast supplied because of an early flight, is best left behind.
WIfi is good and fast.
Nearby is the Traders Hotel for a dining alternative along with the restaurant at the top of Sakura tower, well worth a visit.
A small shopping plaza can assist with some items, including cold beer.

Room tip: The hotel photos on the net are honest and up to date.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Fred S
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed there twice (within 2weeks interval) the hotel is extremely well positionned in the center of Yangon. We appreciated the clean roods and overall environment, the speed ot their wi-fi infrastructure (today is very important in Myanmar) as well as the quiet rooms, The bathroom with enough water supply and again the fact that everything was extremely clean. The restaurant, wether for their evening buffets or their morning buffet was more than excellent. The variety of food (very international cuisine, Maynmar, Chinese, Thaui, Japane3se etc. etc) was a delight. We hightly recomment this 3/4 * hotel to everyone. You will not regret.!!

Room tip: Request a quiet room in the back, over the swimming pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank tony231150
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Spent two nights here in Feb 2013. Upon checkin we were upgraded to a suite (we have no status with this hotel chain), which was nice and the room was good size, clean and modern. Wifi was free but sporadic in the room, but good enough for basic email.

Breakfast buffet was adequate but not stellar and the Chinese restaurant on the second floor has an unlimited dim sum lunch option that was very good.

The best thing about the hotel though is its location. It is a 10 minute walk to the Bogyoke Aung San Market and 15 minute walk from the start of the "Lonely Planet's" Yangon walking tour of the city, which I highly recommend. The city itself is easily navigable by foot but it does tend to get hot by noon so if you are going to do the walking tour, go early. I hired a car with a driver in the afternoon to go to the Shwedagon Pagoda and other smaller temples just north of the hotel at a rate of U$D 10/hour. 4 hours was plenty to see the majority of the remaining sites.

Overall a good hotel in a great location. Would recommend it if you have one day stopover in Yangon on your way up country.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple