I had the pleasure of staying here overnight. Although it is bordering on a nice residential part of town it is actually on quite a busy road which surprised me but the room was a delight in its heritage and colonial style. The hotel itself is lovely and the pool is a lovely area. The bar is very sociable with guests and local expat residents. The breakfast room is very pleasant as is the breakfast. The restaurant looks over the pool and is fine dining. Unfortunately I don't recall my meal being all that memorable. The staff are lovely but they could be a bit more efficient - I felt work was needed in that department....it will come I'm sure.
Certainly this is a good choice of a small boutique hotel rather than one of the large chains or non descript ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar