We stayed there for two nights in November. The hotel is a little bit outside the centre of Yangon and also on the corner of a busy road, but neither of these aspects was an issue. The rooms are large and airy and well insulated. Room facilities are fine. The pool area is nicely laid out and it was good to relax there after a sweaty day's sightseeing.
We thought the food and beverage offering to be quite good and compared to equivalent hotels we stayed at elsewhere in Myanmar, prices where generally lower.
Staff were helpful and friendly and, yes, we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar