we stayed twice at the SAVOY during the past 3 years. the present prices do not match the services of the Hotel at all. Over priced compared to other hotels in Yangoon. out dated rooms, bath rooms, very noisy toward the main, bustling road, 20 hours of heavy traffic, poor windows.
Lack of hot water, dripping Air Condition.
Reception, poor English, long wait for check in ( lost reservation).
The Bar - Lounge, is a Smokers Den, with very intoxicated expats, using poor language.
At our 3rd journey to Myanmar, we used the Chartrium Hotel, absolute a great difference, complete Hotel Services , lifts to go up or down, a choice of restaurants, a large pool , in a tropical garden setting. Close to all major attractions, including down town, located at a very park - lake like section of yangon, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar