We stayed here for one night before flying back to the UK. The hotel is a typical colonial establishment having a Captain's bar and a Kipling's restaurant. We had a large, cool, well-appointed room on the ground floor over looking the pool. This was the first time in a month we had a TV to catch up with the news and the only channel that was in English and had news was Al Jezera but it was news! The staff at the reception, bar and in the restaurant were all excellent and spoke good English. We had an extremely good dinner in the Kipling restaurant apart from the wine waiter who had difficulty in determining the contents of the wine bottle. After a restful night, we had a leisurely a la carte breakfast. It really is an excellent place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Ctrip TA so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar