It's a shame the owners don't invest some more money to upgrade this once grande dame of Yangon hotels. You can tell it once had its day -- but no longer.
In our room, the curtains were on their last legs, the woodwork was stained, and the TV looked like something I had in my house in 1960. There is one computer in the lobby and no wireless available. The room we stayed in was of ample size but looked faded in every respect.
This hotel does not restrict smoking anywhere in its public areas so the hotels and bar reek of smoke. We had breakfast twice, and the room was full of smoke and on the warm side.
In the plus side, the staff was very nice and you can walk across the street and have a choice of about half a dozen good restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar