2,160 results
All reviews shwedagon pagoda tiger hill lobby bar shuttle bus japanese restaurant swimming pool beautiful hotel small balcony lake view luxury hotel club floor breakfast buffet special thanks welcome drink nice pool spacious rooms an oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel seems to be rather old, but it didn't bother us at all as the property seems maintained very well. Bedding was one of the most comfortable I have experienced, and the hotel also offers a pillow menu for you to choose from. The bathroom is very well designed, with good water pressure. Good breakfast spread and fine quality of food. Special thanks to the lobby pianist, contributing to a great sense of zen in the already beautiful lobby.

Upon entering the room my attention was drawn to a lock on the balcony door. Once calling the reception, the staff member told me that the lock was there to prevent me from opening the door for any insects coming in. I guess this makes sense if there is an insect problem. However, in any worst case scenario in which for whatever reason I need to exit my room, but cannot use the front door (as would be the case in for instance a fire emergency), I am literally locked whilst there is actually a balcony to each room. That would be disastrous.

My other constructive comment concerns the welcome and farewell Front Office experience. Neither at CI nor CO were we asked any questions apart from the basics such as asking for passport and payment. The welcome could be so much warmer by the simplest asking of whether this is my first visit to the hotel? How are we doing today? etc... The same goes for CO, how was your stay? Any issues? All good?

Remark: We did receive such friendly interaction from what I believe was either a bellboy or a concierge - asking on how our flight was. Good job in making us at ease.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PrachayaPuengpanich, Executive Assistant Manager - Operations at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Erik-bkk28,

Mingalarpar. Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel.
We are very glad to read and learn from your review. Your review is a great constructive and compliment review in the same time.
So happy to know that you were very satisfied on our overall services here during your stay.
And it is so great that you have pointed out to something we could improve. And right away, we will provide a corrective training and observe the team members regarding their performance after training. And it's actually very easy to practice for them. I believe that the team will be improved immediately.

Apart from that, I have already passed your special appreciation to the Concierge Team, in this regard they can be a role model to others as well.

We will keep up our excellent and will continue providing the best to all guests.

We wish to have chance to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We chose this hotel for its excellent reviews and it didn’t disappoint us. Hillary Clinton, Obama and Shinzo Abe had been some of their guests in the past which indicates its level of commitment to excellence. You can rely on the concierge for guidance in a city that is particularly unsuited to Western tourists.
Chatrium is your oasis of normality within the chaos.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear B6641HLlauras,

Mingalarpar. First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel.
We are so happy to know that you had a very good time during your stay in our hotel as well as your satisfaction on our overall services here especially excellent service of our staff and relaxations ambiance in our hotel.

Your nice review here is a great motivator for our team to keep up our excellent and never stop deleting things for the best experience of all our guests once they visit our hotel.

We wish to have chance to welcoming you again and also provide you a remarkable experience again in the future no matter near or far future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All the staff of hotel were very curtious and well behaved. Ambience of the hotel is comparable to any of the quality hotel of comparable class with design of swimming pool being added advantage.
Location of the hotel along side of lake and peaceful ambience adds to the beauty and makes it a prefered location for stay in Yangon.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Subhash S,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your excellent score rating and very kind review to our hotel.
We are very glad to know that you were satisfied on overall services of our hotel during your stay especially on courteous and well behaved staff, excellent ambiance within our hotel, good atmosphere at our swimming pool area and peaceful ambiance of our hotel location.

On behalf of team, we wish to have chance to provide our excellent and perhaps new remarkable experiences to you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me, once you have new plan to visit Yangon again in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is aged but very well-maintained. I recommend it to you as (1) the bed is comfy; (2) it's centrally located with easy reach to downtown and places of interests; and (3) it's in medium price range. Good value for money.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Kevin C,

We are very happy to know that you had a very good experience during your stay in our hotel.

Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon is very lucky that we have a great team delivering remarkable experiences to all our guests. And we are also very lucky that we always have chances to welcoming and providing the service to lovely guests as you.

We will keep on maintaining all our products for the best satisfaction result from all our guests.

We wish to welcoming you again in the future.
Once you have plan to visit Yangon again in near or far future, please feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to assist you for your future trip to Yangon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Nice big clean room. Full amenities. More than enough power outlets in the room. Good WiFi signal strength. I had the most comfortable sleep during my stay. Thank you.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear naliyam2019,

Also very appreciate your very nice review here on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to know that you were satisfied on our services and overall products during your stay.

Your such a nice review is a good motivator for our team members to keep on providing our excellent to all guests.

We wish to have chance to welcoming and service you again in the future.
Please feel free to drop me an email, once you have plan to visit Yangon again, I will be more than happy to assist you.