2,144 results
All reviews shwedagon pagoda tiger hill lobby bar shuttle bus japanese restaurant swimming pool beautiful hotel small balcony lake view luxury hotel club floor breakfast buffet welcome drink special thanks nice pool spacious rooms business hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Served excellently by Gary & Patrick.
They treat all the customers with smiles, give the right suggestion on the foods selection. Very relax beside swimming pool for dinner. Had perfect night dinner with friends enjoying Trio Music Band.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
PrachayaPuengpanich, Director of Rooms / Hotel's Executive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear htoosangel,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor.
It is so nice knowing that you had a very good time in our hotel especially excellent service at Lobby Lounge.

I have already pass your special appreciation to Mr. Gary & Mr. Patrick at Lobby Lounge as well. Certainly this review will be a very good motivation for them to keep up their excellent.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2019

One of the best hotels i have ever been. I was amazed at the kindness of the staff. I want to say a big thank you to the bar manager Jimmy for going out of his way to guide me and make me feel comfortable during my stay at Chatrium as this was my first trip by myself overseas. He is a very generous and really helped me. Overall the staff at Chatrium were extremely helpful and i had an amazing experience. Thank you :)

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
PrachayaPuengpanich, Director of Rooms / Hotel's executive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear ScherezadeP1,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor.
We are so glad to know that you had a remarkable time during your stay in our hotel.

Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon is lucky that we have a remarkable team. And even very lucky that we always have chance to service lovely guests as you.

Once you have plan visiting Yangon again in near or far future, please do not hesitate to drop me an email. I will be very happy to assist you.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Good stay except for the hiccup on my one day extension which went under a separate booking reference. I had called the hotel reservation couple of days before arrival to inform them to treat my original 14-17 Dec booking and 17-18 Dec extension booking as one to avoid possible admin hassle and changing rooms. This wasn’t communicated to the hotel front desk.

Hotel reception had to check with reservations the following day to confirm the extension. Even then, the reception would only issue us our 18 Dec breakfast vouchers on 17 Dec. Rather strange considering both bookings were fully paid in advance.

Otherwise service everywhere was excellent, particularly housekeeping staff who were very responsive to the needs of an extended family travelling with 3 kids.

If there was any room for improvement, it would be getting rid of the numerous tiny but obvious black patches which dotted the bathroom wall tiles.

We were there just before Christmas. The whole hotel and its surroundings were all dressed up for the festive season, enhancing the overall ambience tremendously.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
PrachayaPuengpanich, Director of Rooms / Hotel's Executive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear 493ccn,

Mingalarpar!
Thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor.
It is so nice knowing that overall, you had a very good time during your stay in our hotel.

And on behalf of team, sorry that you were facing a bit difficult experience regarding your 2nd booking which continues from your first booking.
I have already share this comment to all concerned persons in my team. The corrective training for improvement was already took place since we received your comment. I will also make sure that this kind of case will not be happened again to other guests as well.

If you have other comments to share regarding your experience in our hotel, please feel free to let me know.

Also once you have plan to visit Yangon again, please do not hesitate to drop me an email. I will be more than happy to assist you and make your future trip in Yangon more remarkable.

Thank you very much.
Wishing you have a lovely weekend ahead.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

This property looks tired and out-dated. There were even stains on the carpet in our room. The pool area has some strange rustic wooden constructions that I guess may be used for poolside performances. The breakfast buffet was poorly organised. It was hard to even get to the self-service coffee carafes. The tables were not cleared promptly. They obviously needed more staff. There is nothing of interest within walking distance. I would not stay here again. It compares very poorly with the hotels we had stayed in in Vietnam and Cambodia.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PrachayaPuengpanich, Dirtector of Rooms / Hotel's Execuitive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear astrobob,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your very kind constructive comments.
I have already learned and shared it to all concerned departments here. We will look into those points for immediate action of improvement.

If you have more comments or if you would like to share more of your experience during your stay in our hotel, please do not hesitate to write me an email at anytime.

Thank you very much.
Wishing you have a lovely weekend ahead.

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Spacious rooms with a pleasant decor. Staff is extremely hospitable. Bar at the lobby level is great to spend evenings. Gym is reasonably well stocked and the pool is clean. I don’t love the restaurants but they are good for a bite once in a while.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Aman G

Dear Aman G,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your very kind review here on TripAdvisor.
We are very glad to hear that you had a good time during your stay in our hotel.

Your comment is a good motivation for all Chatrium staff to keep on trying our best for all customers and definitely keep on maintaining our positioning as one of the best 5 star hotels in Myanmar.

Please feel free to contact me, once you have chances visiting Yangon again.

Best regards,