2,144 results
All reviews shwedagon pagoda tiger hill lobby bar shuttle bus japanese restaurant swimming pool beautiful hotel small balcony lake view luxury hotel club floor breakfast buffet welcome drink special thanks nice pool spacious rooms business hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019

This property looks tired and out-dated. There were even stains on the carpet in our room. The pool area has some strange rustic wooden constructions that I guess may be used for poolside performances. The breakfast buffet was poorly organised. It was hard to even get to the self-service coffee carafes. The tables were not cleared promptly. They obviously needed more staff. There is nothing of interest within walking distance. I would not stay here again. It compares very poorly with the hotels we had stayed in in Vietnam and Cambodia.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PrachayaPuengpanich, Dirtector of Rooms / Hotel's Execuitive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear astrobob,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your very kind constructive comments.
I have already learned and shared it to all concerned departments here. We will look into those points for immediate action of improvement.

If you have more comments or if you would like to share more of your experience during your stay in our hotel, please do not hesitate to write me an email at anytime.

Thank you very much.
Wishing you have a lovely weekend ahead.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Spacious rooms with a pleasant decor. Staff is extremely hospitable. Bar at the lobby level is great to spend evenings. Gym is reasonably well stocked and the pool is clean. I don’t love the restaurants but they are good for a bite once in a while.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Aman G
PrachayaPuengpanich, Director of Rooms / Hotel's Executive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear Aman G,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your very kind review here on TripAdvisor.
We are very glad to hear that you had a good time during your stay in our hotel.

Your comment is a good motivation for all Chatrium staff to keep on trying our best for all customers and definitely keep on maintaining our positioning as one of the best 5 star hotels in Myanmar.

Please feel free to contact me, once you have chances visiting Yangon again.

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

It’s first time of our family to Myanmar. I’m so impressed about the hotel and restaurant. All of staff was very friendly and greeting us with warm. Therefor we’ve relax and learned new experience of Myanmar’s people living, Culture, History, Relationship with them.

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of our heart to Mr. Leo ( Chief of concierge ) , Mr. Ko Ko Ji( Duty manger ), Khun Ned ( Director of room ) and All staff who make our trip completely and fulfill with remarkable of Myanmar.

This country is so interesting for anyone.

Phunyapat Patt. (Mr.)
Room no 407

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
PrachayaPuengpanich, Director of Rooms / Hotel's Executive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear phunyapatp,

Mingalarpar!
Thank you very much for your very kind note to us.
And already share your special appreciation to Mr. Ko Ko Gyi and Mr. Leo.

We are very lucky that we always have chance providing our service to lovely guests as you. And also very lucky that we have a great team here and they keep fulfilling the remarkable experience to all of our guests.

We wish to have you here again in near or far future. Myanmar has uncountable places for you to explore.

All the best,

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Gary from the lobby bar gets a 5+ star rating. All of the lounge staff were great and made our stay excellent: Danny, Flora, Jimmy, Patrick are great. After a long day of sightseeing we always liked to end our day here for one of their drinks and great food. The hotel has everything you expect from a 5 star hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PrachayaPuengpanich, Director of Rooms / Hotel's Executive Committee at Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Dear Merl R,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor.
We are glad knowing that you had a great time here in our hotel especially your remarkable experience at our Lobby Lounge.

Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon is very lucky that we have a great team whose always focus on the satisfaction of our guests.

We will keep on moving to the better and maintaining our positioning as one of the best 5 star hotels in Myanmar.

Thank you very much. We wish to provide our excellent service to you again in the future.

Prachaya.pue@chatrium.com

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Nice Hotel with full facilities upon 5-star overall. Breakfast is another great option which made perfect stay to all guests.

Overall seems very acceptable under chain of Chatrium as I am quite familar with this brand in Thailand.

Personally, I do have one disappointed on co-operation between website of Hotel agent (as I booked) and Hotel Staff. Once breakfast for kids coming to big question mark to our booking condition, it seems that Hotel staff pushed me to work alone with website of Hotel Agent. At that moment, I followed up this issue with hotel staff at the counter or by e-mail (twice)......no feedback at all upto check-put. However, website of Hotel agent repled me to be responsible for all disputation.

Frankly speaking, this made me feel "not enjoyable" to my family trip at very first day of Yangon Visit.

I did not reflect "questionable" on Hotel Staff in this rating.

I did believe that Hotel Staff need more focus on customer-oriented..

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Hatyaiman,

Mingalarpar.
Thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy learning that you had a nice experience during your stay in our hotel.

Also, we appreciate your constructive comment as well. Definitely it will be shared to all concerned staff for immediate improvement. And corrective training will be taken place soonest. We are really sorry, if the mentioned event made you feel disappointed.

Once you have plan to visit Yangon again in near or far future, please give us a chance to service you again. And you could drop an email to me at anytime.

Prachaya.pue@chatrium.com